Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Mount Point Help

Coolur

Inactive User
Lo All

I have read the guide on setting up a mount point for direct recording but hit a brick wall.

I have a Synology 106 NAS and also a PC with a HDD and shared folder and I have tried all ways as per the guide to get this to work but without success.

For now I will focus on getting the PC's shared drive/folder working and return to the NAS at a later date.

My PC's, NAS, Dreambox are all connected via a router..

FYI I am trying to configure this as per the guide off DW using the web browser...

The PC has 2 HDD's in it and several partitions, the partition I want to share is "F:" (this is on HDD 0 when looking at windows computer management).

I have created a folder on drive "F:" of PC for the Dreambox to use and this has been shared so no problem there as thats easy.

I can happily ping the PC across my network NP's and PC IP is 192.168.1.102 so this bit is also ok.

NOW i suspect the reason I can not get the mount to work is because I am not providing the correct information in the D500C web interface with respect to the "Server Directory" for the shared folder "550c" on partition "F:"....

Please could someone help me out here as to what exactly I should be putting in the "Server Directory" field so I can mount this PC's HDD Partition and shared folder.... I have tried putting just 500c in there but that dont work....

Thanks

Coolur

As far as I remember on the sever dir you just put the folder name ie "recordings" and on local dir /hdd/movie or /var/hdd/movie depening on what image you are using?. You need to put in the IP address of your PC and user name and password of the windows machine.

I have the same NAS as you with a 500gb hdd, I have it set up but don't get perfect recording (still working on why) and also found that a cifs mount works better than a smb.

Post back some more details ie image or some screenshots of the web setup and im sure we can get you sorted.

Frenchman

Back