Motorola A1000 verses Nokia 6680

ericbshort

Inactive User
Reaction score
I'm new to the whole 3G thing and I recently decided to swap from T-mobile to 3 last month. I was paying £20/month for 100 X-net minutes with 100 free text. I'm now paying £25/month for 500 x-net minutes but no text. (i hardly ever used the damn txt anyway).

The first thing I've noticed is the size of these 3G phones, they're a lot bigger than the conventional voice only mobiles. But the Nokia is slightly smaller than the motorola.

The motorola looks and feels like a PDA but it lacks the one must have feature for a modern PDA - WIFI. Without this feature the A1000 sits firmly in the role of a bulky, plasticized, phone waiting for an upgrade. Don't get me wrong it is quite an impressive phone with a huge touch screen but it feels like a prototype waiting it's new sibling that's bursting with the latest features.

I thought I'd be impressed with the 6680's menu system but frankly I'm not. The A1000's seems much more powerful and is tailorable.

Both phones have cameras but the A1000 shouldn't have bothered with this feature as its camera is pathetic.
The Nokia's effort is a different kettle of fish. It handles low light pictures beautifully on normal setting plus has a low light feature and built-in flash. Both have front and rear cameras.

Motorola PC sync system seems faster and more reliable than Nokia's

Making a phone call is quick with the Nokia but can be awkward with the Motorola's touch screen.

I've only scratched on the surface of the 6680's menu system and I sincerely hope it has a lot more to offer it not I'd be disappointed.

picodrive

do a search on the web and get picodrive,for the a1000,youll never put the phone down again,its an xlnt megadrive emulator,stick with the a1000,you get used to it ,i changed to the nokia and regretted it swapped back after a week. : dipsy :

Back