Motivation

Exclusive

DW Regular
Reaction score
So guys how do you motivate your self to excerise. Am one of the laziest person in the world and i hate waking up in the mornings.

What do you do

sorry should of said, i want to start getting up early and then excerise in the evening

If you live outside Scotland, I think the biggest barrier will just be dragging yourself out of your pit. Once you get into the swing of it, its not that bad - just dont try and push it too much. For instance, if you are only going to workout 4 days a week, for example, then dont plan it over the weekend if you like going to the pub on a friday ;)

I bought a treadmill and a divx played for the garage, best thing i ever invested in.

I used to cycle alot but turned to running as the misses kept entering us in races and then pasting me.

its easy(er) to motivate yourself to do a bit when you only have to go to the garage and watch a film for an hour rather than get wet and run over on the roads/fields.

i also work nights and we have kids, so its great as the missus can still exercise without going out.

messa

Do need to exercise, but the mornings are so dark and dreary. Roll on Spring time and a little bit of warmth.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Do need to exercise, but the mornings are so dark and dreary. Roll on Spring time and a little bit of warmth.

Best wishes from,

Gibson.

Yeah its grim out in the mornings at the mo... some ppl like training outdoors when it's like that because it gives them the whole Rocky Balboa feeling, but don't beat yourself up if that's not for you!

No need to wait for the Spring before you start though. If you want to exercise then there's loads of things you can start doing indoors right now - with little or no equipment.

Try to get yourself up early in the morning & get down a gym.

I train 6/7 days a week, every week. Allways train in the morning, that way I can have my evenings to do more enjoyable sutff LOL.

I'm now training for the Flora London Marathon 2009 for charity.

Currently running 5 times a week 30miles + & weight training at least 2/3 times a week.

Don't over do it and burn yourself out. Just start off doing it 3x a week, say every other weekday and take the weekend off.

Top athletes exercise 6/7 times a week have been doing it for a long time and eat all the right foods and and take lots of protein and suppliments and probably have the genes for it as well.

Set realistic goals.

Back