more evidence of the DW nanny state

Status
Not open for further replies.

registration

Inactive User
Reaction score
Dear Mods.

You explained why you felt the need to delete the religious debate threads, but closing the other thread because you felt it was pointless? Where was the reasoning behind that?

The fact that it's still on the front page of the rant room suggests that people have been posting on it. So why close it?

If you really need to add to your god complex where the only words you can read are your own, try installing a forum on your home pc and post, edit and delete to your heart's content.

Your's Sincerely,

Mr R. On behalf of everyone with a modicum of common sense.

not on behalf of me. i dont know which post got deleted but i know mods discuss it between each other whether to delete or close a post or not and so far i cant fault their decision on any matter. you should accept it and let them do their job. you have to remember, its not only the members they have to look after, they also have to follow internet and national law. if anything breaks the law they have to delete it. the rant room was placed for members to rant about things in a light hearted manner.

its not your forum first of all, second you dont need to post here if you dont like it, third it probably was pointless, forums are not free regardless of what you think and there is no freedom of speech on other peoples sites,

i,ll tell you what mate, you go find me a site on the net that will let you post pointless threads and say what you want and i,ll say sorry to you, but i wont hold my breath.

and can i just ask other members not to get involved in this thread apart from mods as making this a 12 page thread isn't going to change anything and to be honest i believe these sorts of posts are to get attention and if we all reply he,s getting what he wants.

Registration obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning and we are getting the brunt of it :(. He wont be much loss to the forum in my view as i note he just comes here to leech & download.

I doubt any mod will answer your post in any sensible manner Registration, not while you show so much disregard to this place.

Go away and take your attitude elsewhere.

not on behalf of me. i dont know which post got deleted but i know mods discuss it between each other whether to delete or close a post or not and so far i cant fault their decision on any matter. you should accept it and let them do their job. you have to remember, its not only the members they have to look after, they also have to follow internet and national law. if anything breaks the law they have to delete it. the rant room was placed for members to rant about things in a light hearted manner.

oh it was nothing breaking the law, nothing offensive and I will hazard a guess there were no complaints. The reason it was closed is because a mod thought it was pointless.

Fair enough closing/deleting threads if they are breaking the law, but one man's pointless is another man's amusement. I stopped posting on that thread a while ago, but no-one caught me complaining that the mods were posting absolute drivel on it about how hard life as a mod actually is.

Registration obviously got out of bed on the wrong side this morning and we are getting the brunt of it :(. He wont be much loss to the forum in my view as i note he just comes here to leech & download.

I doubt any mod will answer your post in any sensible manner Registration, not while you show so much disregard to this place.

Go away and take your attitude elsewhere.

I don't show any disregard to the forum. I raised legitimate issues, the threads are deleted. The majority of posters on the thread like the legitimiate responses, myself included. The threads are deleted. I ask why they were deleted in a respectful query, that thread is deleted. I raise it again, that thread is taken over by mods whose only explanation for closing the thread is that they think it is pointless. The majority of threads on the majority of forums are pointless.

As for leeching and downloading, i have had very few downloads since i registered here and i seem to have more posts than downloads, so nice work on that front.

Instead of starting out with the thinly veiled personal attacks, can you explain why that thread about deleting threads was closed?

I don't show any disregard to the forum. I raised legitimate issues, the threads are deleted. The majority of posters on the thread like the legitimiate responses, myself included. The threads are deleted. I ask why they were deleted in a respectful query, that thread is deleted. I raise it again, that thread is taken over by mods whose only explanation for closing the thread is that they think it is pointless. The majority of threads on the majority of forums are pointless.

As for leeching and downloading, i have had very few downloads since i registered here and i seem to have more posts than downloads, so nice work on that front.

Instead of starting out with the thinly veiled personal attacks, can you explain why that thread about deleting threads was closed?

legitimiate my arse, who exactly needs to know y they were deleted other than u.
the mods did there job they have to take it upon themselves to decide when to or not to delete threads threads like the ones you mention do cause unneeded friction between members

anyway as for ur post count it mainly consists of crap u post in the rant room y is that lmao

do ur self a favor hun go find urself a pointless forum consisting of other peeps who like to moan moan moan just the way u do

im glad the mods closed the thread mainly cause i no it pi55ed u off he he

ffs........:Chainsaw: pleaseee let it go, we don't care, this is a hacking website not a website to discuss peoples religious beliefs. contribute something useful to the site and not something like this where your gonna get negative replies. I thought all this was dead buried but then after a while once the dust has settled you decide to bring it up again why???
If the Mods wants to delete something let them its up to them no skin of my nose.
i think you should go register some place else if you feel so strongly about this.
You seem like a grumpy old man!

soz thommohawk, i had to post this, this is getting up my nose!

Last edited:
It was clear that the thread in question wasn't going anywhere - just beginning to re-hash the same old stuff - and therefore closing it seemed like a very sensible decision to me.

I have strong opinions and can be easily drawn in to debates around race ane religion but I must admit, in my experience, they achieve very little.

no need to close it, no need to get drawn into his childish behaviour guys/girls, subject finished but we have no need to close.
I'm sure registration wont return, i asked him nicely :).

now im gonna print this thread out and wipe my ass with it!

Last edited:
<snip>
can you explain why that thread about deleting threads was closed?

We don't have to explain as we are not at your beck and call.

Very few posts/threads get deleted here and it is at the moderators or admins discretion.

I can think of a few sites where you would no longer be welcome carrying on the way you do.

This is not a veiled threat it is a fact.

Try to chill a bit and you will find it much nicer here.

Have Fun

Thread Closed just to Piss off registration : tosser :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back