Modulator set up 2 sky boxes an a dm500 help needed

silverdale

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
A landlord I know asked me tonight if I could suss out his problem. It's been working fine up till one of his sky boxes went down and sky sorted it over the phone , God only knows what they did. He said he pulled out the sky box that was on the blink to turn the power off and he thinks something's come loose on the dm500. I put a new scart on but its the same.

Anyway, he has 3 tvs ,2 sky boxes and a dm500 on a motor.

First the modulator is set to ch67 , it has two aerial in's and a scart in and a scart out. The 2 sky boxes go into the the modulator and the dm500via a scart. When I scanned on the tv it picks up both sky boxes. tv station 1 has one sky box as "c30" and the other on tv station as "c38" but it doesn't pick up the dm500.
Like I said it's worked perfect up till today,
question, what do I need to do to get the dm500 to appear on the tv's ? it use to show on tv station 3. It's wroth a good few beer tokens if I can sort it for him.

I'm pretty sure its one of these;-
Mercury Universal RF Modulator Converter Scart Coaxial CCTV TV Aerial Video | eBay

I'm trying to get my head round how he has it set up.

2 sky boxes plus an outdoor aerial (for the freeview on the tv's) and a dm500 via the scart in so 4 items via the rf modulator.

Am I right in thinking the 2 sky boxes daisy chain together via the rf in and rf out on both boxes then the last box goes to the rf modulator ?. Do I have to set the rf channel number in the sky boxes ?. And finally, what channel does the dreambox and roof top aerial use ?
hope it makes sense

all sorted , the dm500 went into the rf modulator. The 2 sky boxes work independently going through a large powered multi AV splitter box that fed all the tv's.

It seems he had pulled a cable out. The cable that came out from the rf modulator that would normally go to a tv, well that goes into one of the sky boxes then out of the splitter then out to the tv's . I know one thing , once those cables piss off behind the bar it's a mare and a 1/2 sussing it all out.

He hugged me so I made sure there's some beers in the pump for football day. A guy quoted him £60 call out...it ended up been one aerial cable that had popped out which was the fault and it had tucked itself back under the box out of view. Saying that , it were a minefield of cables and wires

Back