Mode B----- No flashing light?

nyck

Inactive User
Reaction score
I thought i would update the firmware on my Hitachi 78fk.
I used the slax cd to get into mode b.
When i checked if its in mode b the power LED doesnt flash.I still have to press the eject twice to open and close it, also the drive stays shut normally i would have to press the button a third time to keep the drive closed.

I booted in to windows ,normally i would have to prees the eject button 50 times for it to load in to windows,This time it booted straight in no pressing the eject and the Drive shows up in "my computer" I tested the drive by right click and the eject command.

Is this Mode B or not

Should it be Ok to go ahead and restore then flash with ixtreme 1.2

thanks nyck

i would say less your deff 100% no banned from live ie never ever played online with copy & flashed firmware leave well alone bud thb , reason i have had a few issues with the restore function and flashing after with ixtreme 1.2 i now have a drive i cant flash and from what ive read im not alone ... so save ya time and effort patching all them games leave well alone budy ....

Oh NO!!! Ive just done my first flash of the iXtreme-HitachiAll-RTMv2 so i take it that the RESTORE isnt working then?

Cant believe it, ITS A BRAND NEW XBOX360!!!!!

Well thats the chance you have to take I suppose?

The man that never took a chance never lived eh!!!

All working

It was in mode B as i done the the restore ,once the orignal fimware was loaded the power led was flashing and i had to press the eject 3 times like normal.

I'm not if i've loaded ixtreme 1.2 ver1 or ver 2 i just used toolbox4.0 and loaded the firmware

thanks nyck

well i have rv2 on and will worry if there is a need too when i need new firmware until then all is good

Last edited:
Back