Mobile phone abuse man Darren Newton murdered baby boy

Captin

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I hope this cnut gets beaten senseless every day of his enforced 24 years.

A man who murdered his girlfriend's 15-month-old son after months of filming himself abusing the little boy has been jailed for life.

Darren Newton, of Earby in Lancashire, had denied killing Charlie Hunt but admitted 12 counts of cruelty. The baby died of head injuries in November 2009.

The prosecution at Manchester Crown Court said Newton, 32, took videos on his phone for "pleasure".

He must serve a minimum term of 24 years before applying for parole.

The jury took 40 minutes to find the factory worker guilty of murder and one count of child cruelty. They cleared him of another charge of child cruelty.

Newton named the video clips "crying, no toys in pen, ahhhh", "squeezing toe in cot", "two minutes of pain" and "shivering no water".

The latter was taken on a November night when Charlie was naked in an empty bath.

'Futile death'

In one graphic clip, titled "Happy slap", which was filmed two weeks before Charlie died, Newton was seen to slap the child 13 times on the head as he screamed and cried.

Jailing him, Justice Stephen Irwin ordered that the video clips be preserved so the parole board could watch them before he is eventually considered for release.

He told him: "It was spiteful and cruel behaviour. It was also inexplicable to any normal way of thinking.

"It was a series of repeated acts of cruelty for no obvious motive other than the wish to be cruel.

"Anyone who watches the video clips of some of what you did - and I'm convinced you recorded only some of what you did - will genuinely struggle to understand why you came to do this.

"Eventually you killed him. It was a futile and wasteful death of an innocent toddler."

The boy's parents described Newton as "evil" and a "monster".

On 19 November last year, he finished his shift at a local factory and went to look after Charlie.

Three hours later the little boy was dead.

Doctors at Airedale Hospital, West Yorkshire, noticed bruises on his right eyelid, right cheek and right big toe.

BBC News - Mobile phone abuse man Darren Newton murdered baby boy

how can anyone treat innocent children like this :(

you wonder how his girlfriend never noticed anything wrong though?

Barsteward even had the gaul to film his despicable treatment of this poor defenceless child whilst he slowly tortured and killed him.
There is far to much physical as well as mental abuse handed out towards young children which either terrifies them into taking there own lives or end up in them being killed by one of there parents.
This alongside paedophilia increases being publicised is absolutely despicable and makes you wonder what the world is coming to.

sorry if i offend anyone. but it either death sentence or let him out and tell the public what he has done, where he lives, and a photo of him on every lampost.

i`m sure he would cry out for the prison death sentence once the local parents find him....

murderous scum

regards
jase

Islam has appropriate laws for this type.

Sometimes I wish we'd take a leaf out of their book.

Islam has appropriate laws for this type.

Sometimes I wish we'd take a leaf out of their book.

we may well soon enough if they get their way..........

I dont care what anyone says, his missus must of knew something about it, too late condeming him now, she may not be as guilty as him, but you aint telling me you live with someone and dont know there up to something.

sick fook, i`d like to say he`d get whats coming to him inside but he wont, he`ll live the life of reilly and get out in 10. No point sentencing them to 24 years when in six months time they knock it to 10 wi good behaviour.

I am pretty certain life inside won't be pleasant for him once the other inmates learn what he is in for.

trouble is we all say this when in actual fact he will be segragated with all the other kiddy fiddlers, child murders and extra level scum of the earth, given a telly, access to the internet, a gym, shrinks, legal aid, decent food, medical care, good and proper decent human rights, whilst being seperated from those that would harm him, all the while appealing against his harsh sentence until pretty quickly his sentence will be halved on appeal, and probably a few years down the line halved again....................

happens every time, pick any atrocious case of one human being doing another human being harm in this country, it will generally follow the above rules.

prisons not a nice place, but most inmates live worse on the outside than they do on the inside.

trouble is we all say this when in actual fact he will be segragated with all the other kiddy fiddlers, child murders and extra level scum of the earth, given a telly, access to the internet, a gym, shrinks, legal aid, decent food, medical care, good and proper decent human rights, whilst being seperated from those that would harm him, all the while appealing against his harsh sentence until pretty quickly his sentence will be halved on appeal, and probably a few years down the line halved again....................

happens every time, pick any atrocious case of one human being doing another human being harm in this country, it will generally follow the above rules.

prisons not a nice place, but most inmates live worse on the outside than they do on the inside.

Personally I think that's bollocks, where theirs a will there's a way, the bloke who slashed Huntley's neck is up for attempted murder this week, someone took out yorkshires rippers eye, baby p murderer has been bashed up a couple of times, bent copper daizel been done number of times,

screws will sort it so he gets done dont worry bout that

Personally I think that's bollocks, where theirs a will there's a way, the bloke who slashed Huntley's neck is up for attempted murder this week, someone took out yorkshires rippers eye, baby p murderer has been bashed up a couple of times, bent copper daizel been done number of times,

I hope your right mate this scum bag needs to be dealt some serious punishment along with the rest of the nonce's.
What the hell is wrong with these sick B**tards ?

Slapped to death

SADIST Darren Newton was yesterday jailed for life for the murder of his girlfriend's 15-month-old son after assaults which he filmed on his mobile phone.

Over a period of six months Newton, 32, recorded himself hitting, slapping and kicking little Charlie Hunt.

He then gave the clips titles including "Happy Slap", "Two Minutes Of Pain" and "Crying In Cot".

To the outside world, Newton looked a typical family man. He was pictured holding Charlie aloft just four months before he died.

But it hid a sinister side. And last night the role of social services in the period before Charlie's death was being looked into.

The Sun can reveal that Charlie's mother Laura Chapman, 30, lost custody of her two other children - known as Child A and Child L.

They were taken into care amid allegations of ill-treatment.

And it can also be disclosed that she was still being monitored by social workers when she started dating factory worker Newton in 2009.

Last night Lancashire Social Services chiefs confirmed a Serious Case Review into the tragedy has been launched.

Philip Davies, Tory MP for Shipley, West Yorks, said: "Charlie's sad death obviously has chilling echoes of the Baby P tragedy. This Serious Case Review must give us guidance as to just what went so wrong.

"It was a cold-blooded and brutal murder and will touch the heart of every parent out there. It's important that this sort of child torture and killing never ever happens again."
Harrowing

Tearful jurors in Newton's murder case could barely watch as they were shown a series of harrowing clips which showed him beating Charlie.

Many began with Charlie, ten months old when first attacked, sitting quietly in his high chair or on a bean bag, gurgling.

He is then slapped by Newton on the top of his head, a particularly vulnerable spot for a child.

Charlie is heard yelping, then there is a pause, an intake of breath from the startled youngster, before he begins to bawl in pain.

Charlie raises a hand to his face in defence, looks around in obvious confusion, then the assaults continue.

No single blow is fatal, but after suffering months of such attacks, Charlie had a "dead" area of brain tissue, bleeding and bruising to his brain.

By the final, fatal assault he was virtually blind, with his retina damaged and optic nerve detached.

Prosecutors say in the last attack Newton must have hit Charlie harder than ever before, causing his collapse and death.

Kicking

Two weeks before, Newton had filmed the "Happy Slap" attack.

The monster is seen hitting him over the head 13 times, kicking him on the floor and twisting his ear while the youngster put his hands up in an attempt to defend himself.

Yesterday the jury took just 40 minutes to find Newton guilty of murder and child cruelty.

The judge, Mr Justice Stephen Irwin, said he would serve a minimum 24 years and ordered the video clips to be stored so that officials can view them in future when considering his possible release.

The judge told Newton: "Anyone who watches the video clips will genuinely struggle to understand why you came to do this.

"Eventually you killed him. It was a futile and wasteful death of an innocent toddler.

"Part of the wickedness of what you did was the complete contrast between the sympathetic and affectionate picture you presented to the outside world.

"Charlie was in your care and you abused that trust, he was vulnerable and your offending traded on his vulnerability. He was too young to tell his mother what you were doing, so she could prevent it.

"Your course of conduct was deliberate and sustained cruelty. I direct that copies of the video clips are preserved and must be available and should be watched by the authorities who will consider the question of your release."

Newton, of Earby, Lancs, had previously admitted 12 counts of cruelty but denied murder telling the court: "I loved Charlie."

Prosecutor Dennis Watson QC told the jury of seven men and five women at Manchester Crown Court that Newton "took pleasure from the fact that Charlie was the victim of his cruel and wicked behaviour".

Mr Watson said that Newton had "a dark and wicked side" which was only discovered after Charlie had died.

Yesterday he showed no emotion as the verdict was met with cries from the public gallery. Charlie's anguished dad Richard, 44, shouted "Yes, thank you" - and motioned the sign of the cross as the verdict was read.

Mother Laura was not in court to hear the verdict - and it is believed she was snowed-in at her remote home. But in a victim impact statement read to the court, she said she would "live with the error of my judgement till the day I die".

Prosecutor Watson added: "Laura Chapman outlines her feelings of being fooled by the defendant, her blaming herself for not suspecting the defendant or what he was doing. The fact that she feels she failed Charlie.

"She also describes in her statement the difficulty she has with people believing that she was an unfit mother because she ought to have known what was going on."

The judge said people would be "entirely wrong" to leave the court believing that she was at fault in not realising what was happening.

Outside court DCI Andy Murphy said: "I am pleased with today's verdict.

"This was a truly horrific and devastating crime committed by a man who has shown little or no remorse for his actions, or even offered any sort of explanation

"Darren Newton will be spending a very long time behind bars."

Darren Newton jailed for life for murder of girlfriend’s 15-month-old son | The Sun |News

want to become a part of the hubble space telescope histery? send a message to hubble at this link

HubbleSite - Messages to Hubble

Re: Slapped to death

Saw this on the news last night what a sick piece of scum he is.

Re: Slapped to death

I'd like to give him a slap or 2 .............. with an Aluminium Baseball Bat

Personally mate i think your coments are bolloxx (no offence), how many mass murderers do you hear of getting murdered inside...........non, or at least not very many.

experience of prison tells us that jail is quite a nice place when put into context of half of the suroundings that the people who go to jail are brought up in, which actually leads to the crimes being commited.

no offence like i say, i`m no criminal, but broke the law i have done, but the punishment doesnt always (and in this case , in this country for certain) doesnt alway fit the crimes committed.

i would like to say that if your a paedophile (or have committed some other nasty crime), when you get sent down , your punishment isnt over and some big `BULL` will sort you out, but this isnt the case, maybe 20 years ago some face would do, and of course a screw also, but these days its not always the case, i`m not saying that you wont get sorted out inside, i`m just saying that things have changed from what it used to be.
i would like to see them get the justice they deserve but they wont, we live in a world when someone who has commited a crime matters more than someone who hasnt, the victim is unfortunatley,worth less thant the victor..............................................................not bad for 8 pints of cider!!! ;)

Last edited:
Personally mate i think your coments are bolloxx (no offence), how many mass murderers do you hear of getting murdered inside...........non, or at least not very many.

experience of prison tells us that jail is quite a nice place when put into context of half of the suroundings that the people who go to jail are brought up in, which actually leads to the crimes being commited.

no offence like i say, i`m no criminal, but broke the law i have done, but the punishment doesnt always (and in this case , in this country for certain) doesnt alway fit the crimes committed.

Who wants them murdered? I want them to suffer for a long time and live in the kind of fear they gave others , Why dont you name someone who has been sent down for this and I will find a piece on them showing they have been f**ked up in prison , these people always get done in the end

Back