CD & DVD MKV to bLU Ray Authoring

dr0g0

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys,

I am able to download the latest .MKV movie files and re-authoring them to blu-ray media, which then play normally in any blu ray player, and without loss of quality. Let me know if anybody is interested in a guide on how to do this.
Thanks
dr0g0

I've been doing this for quite a while.

Once you have made a blu-ray into a MKV file quality is lost and you cannot get it back. So making an MKV file back into a blu-ray is not as good as just downloading the blu-ray itself and burning it.

You keep the quality of the MKV but it's not full blu-ray. The quality is still very good though.

But after wasting quite a few blu-ray discs at £2.50 a pop (25 gig ones), I just decided to get a media player that will allow me to play 10-20gb 1080p MKV files, much less hassle.

Depending on your blu-ray player you don't need to author an MKV file as a blu-ray disc, just burn the MKV file and the player will play if from the disk, if you use a re-writable disc you can use it again.

Freemake video converter will author any file (AVI, MKV, MPG, FLV etc...) into a blu-ray with menu too. I use it to put TV series on blu-ray disc from 720p MKV's. You can get 13 episodes on a 25gb disc and keep the full 720p quality, much better than dvd.

Freemake is a free program from freemake.com

I have been thinking about authoring but feel its better to go for the media player or xbmc way and just invest in more storage. Also less work involved

I have been thinking about authoring but feel its better to go for the media player or xbmc way and just invest in more storage. Also less work involved

I originally started authoring blu-rays to play in my PS3 because it can only read fat32 formatted USB sticks and drives, which meant it was impossible to play a 10-20gb MKV file. So I started burning them onto a re-writable blu-ray disk and that was ok but time consuming.

After that I found ps3mediaserver and started streaming them from my pc, not only 10-20gb MKV's but full 50GB blu-ray ISO's.

But then my PS3 died and I needed something else so I bought a Noontec media/nas box and put a 3tb hard drive in it. It uses linux so can format the drive so it can handle any size of file. It's also connected to the network and it's easy to get files on it. It also will play a full 50gb blu-ray ISO with menu, straight from the internal drive.

I haven't found anything it will not play and I've never had any problems with cinavia.

Back