MKV Playback

porche944

Inactive User
Reaction score
Does anyone know if its possible to get the DM800 to playback MKV files from a network share?

Thanks.

Yes it's possible, just mount a shared drive across the network using the Mount Manager in settings and you should be able to play all MKVs (that don't have DDS sound, as you won't hear anything).

Hi everyone,

I have a DM500s cloned, but it doesn't look able to play either AVI or MKV via network share. When I browse the mount it recognise only mp3 files.
I'm really a newbie here, does anyone know if would be possible with such a box? Maybe with a plugin or something, but I haven't found any so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A.

The 800hd should be able to play MKVs but it all depends on what the MKV holds, it definitely can't play AVIs from what I remember from messing around with it. Also for me the MKVs stutters, froze and skipped like buggery. Was hoping the 800se would be better but for me it isn't, tis the reason I'm looking at buying a Dune media streamer.

Hi everyone,

I have a DM500s cloned, but it doesn't look able to play either AVI or MKV via network share. When I browse the mount it recognise only mp3 files.
I'm really a newbie here, does anyone know if would be possible with such a box? Maybe with a plugin or something, but I haven't found any so far.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

A.

The dm500s can only play back ts files natively,you can use vlc player to stream avi from your pc to your dream box,
it wont play mkv as its a SD box and doesnt have the required grunt :)

The 800hd should be able to play MKVs but it all depends on what the MKV holds, it definitely can't play AVIs from what I remember from messing around with it. Also for me the MKVs stutters, froze and skipped like buggery. Was hoping the 800se would be better but for me it isn't, tis the reason I'm looking at buying a Dune media streamer.

mkv's play fine for me on my 800se m8,dont play dts audio but otherwise there fine

For me when mounting a network drive to my media server they stutter like hell, have to admit that was my first go and I've never revisited it since, might give it another go :)

For me when mounting a network drive to my media server they stutter like hell, have to admit that was my first go and I've never revisited it since, might give it another go :)

I can play them fine either by using a shared mounted folder on my pc or directly from the Hard drive

Back