Mio 269+

chillimilli

Inactive User
Reaction score
hello everyone, I have a mio 269+ and would like to unlock use POI Warner to download speedcams etc. Any help would be appreciated

So looks like I have invested in a sat nav that cannot be unlocked and install speedcam database? close this one then.

i use a medion satnav all i had to do was install microsofts active sync on my pc and used it to install poi warner onto satnav and to put maps on as well. but im fooked if i can remember how exactly i did it.. you may be able to get a tutorial from poi warner website on your mio.

sorry i cant be of anymore help its been a while since i updated mine

h**p://www.pocketgpsworld.com/mio268-speed-cameras.php

Last edited:
Apparently the device has to have Mio map V3 in order to be able to sync speedcameras. So my next question is does any one has a copy of the map?

hi m8 u can ulock it and run tomtom6 on it i done my m8 268 let me know if u still intrested i will help if i can

sorry to but in

hi m8 u can ulock it and run tomtom6 on it i done my m8 268 let me know if u still intrested i will help if i can

hi all i have a mio 268 and wood like to unlock it so as i can put tom tom on it so any help wood be very good also do you know if you van put funny voices on them to seen some realy good one wood like to have some on my sat nav thanks

Ok you guys just found this, it is nothing to do with me and cannot take credit for it.

Insert the CD provided with the Mio in your PC
Using Windows Explorer, select its contents and copy it onto your hard drive, say c:\mio\
Navigate to the c:\mio\Install\Contacts\ folder and delete Contacts.exe
Copy the new contacts.exe file in this folder
Connect the Mio to your computer using the USB cable
Go back to c:\mio\ and double click on autorun.exe, a window appears, click on OK
Click in the "Install" button in the middle (on the "Install Contacts" line) - and after a few minutes you will get the "install successfully!" message - click on OK
go back to the main menu on the mio- click on the third menu (Screen+Pen)
You are now on the "Contacts" page - click on the first icon - this takes you to a file explorer
Navigate to the SD Card folder in the left window, click once - custmio.cab then click the ActiveSyncmio268.cab
Do a reset on the side with the stylus
To access the task bar, click on the bottom of the screen and you can now navigate the menus as you would in your PC

thats it finished now you have full access to install any wince program you like using microsoft active sync

just install tt5 using the ms active sysnc

As i said it has nowt to do with myself and take no responcability should it go tits up.
Good luck

Or there is this, again nothing to do with myself. (read my previous reply first.

I would try this myself but i do not have the disk that is provided with the mio, so if someone could see their way as to doing me a backup of theirs i would be most greatful, and we could all bugger up our mio;s together lol.

1. Download the installation pack, (customioE-1.zip) unzip its content and place it at the root of an SD card
2. Preparing your computer and the Mio
1. Insert the CD provided with the Mio in your PC
2. Using Windows Explorer, select its content and copy it onto your hard drive, say c:\miocustom\
3. Navigate to the c:\miocustom\Install\Contacts\ folder and rename Contacts.exe into ContactsOLD.exe - NEW -- ONE CLICK INSTALL -- see ***
4. Copy the gsfinder.exe file included in customio.zip in this folder and rename it to Contacts.exe
5. Connect the Mio to your computer using the USB cable (this assumes you have already installed MioTransfer, if not, do it now)
6. Go back to c:\miocustom\ and double click on autorun.exe, a window appears, click on OK
7. Click in the "Install" button in the middle (on the "Install Contacts" line) - and after a few minutes you will get the "install successfully!" message - click on OK

3. Insert the SD prepared in step 1 in the Mio

4. Unplug the USB cable from the Mio - this takes you back to the main menu - click on the third menu (Screen+Pen)

5. You are now on the "Contacts" page - click on the first icon - *** - if you're doing the manual installation, this takes you to a file explorer
6. Navigate to the SD Card folder in the left window, click once
7. In the right window, double-click on Regedit, then do File->import double-click on "SD Card", then double-click on mio.reg, then exit Regedit, File/Exit, this takes you back to the file explorer

8. Select the windows folder on the SD card then do Edit/Copy, then click on My Computer in the left window and do Edit/Paste and click twice on YES

9. Copy showtaskbar.exe from the SD card to \Windows\StartUp (Edit/Copy then Edit/Paste) **

10. Do a reset on the side with the stylus

11. To access the task bar, click on the bottom of the screen and you can now navigate the menus as you would in your PC

Last edited:
Hi mate, can you upload the needed files for these hack as well? i.e customioE-1.zip also if someone can backup there MIO CD and upload to yousendit or megaupload... much appreciated!

Thanks DanEz.. only saw your post after i posted mine.. d'oh!

Do you know by any chance, how i can tell the difference between a 268 mio and a 269??.. I have no idea which one i hav... they looked identical...

Hi Guy,

just return to this thread which i started and have followed the instructions and have managed to do lots but cannot get it to connect using activesync, any advice will be very much appreciated. I have unlocked the system and can navigate just like on my pc etc. I would like to install TT6 on it if I can can!

Back