Microsoft Services?

The Mackem

Member ++
Reaction score
I have two entries that I need to delete from the services list as they are causing problems. I tried McAfee Internet Security Suite 2007. However I was never really convinced with it so removed it. However I have two entries in the Services list one relating to McAfee Systemguard and the other to Real Time Scanner. I have manually disabled the Systemguard however the Real Time Scanner is set to Automatic and will not let me disable it. Both entries are listed as "Log on as" Local System.. How can I remove these entries? I have checked both McAfee and Microsoft without any joy.

Many thanks..

Rob..

They are problabaly still in the registry and thats why they are showing up. You can maybe get rid with a reg cleaner or go into reg and get rid of them yourself. 1st thing to do to stop them is go to start/run type msconfig and click o.k, click on services tab and untick them and apply, it will ask you to reboot.

you may have to go into safe start and admin account to untick these but try 1st anyway.

Thanks for that.

I forgot to say I'd gone through the registry , but I'll double check and then try your suggestion..I have done the unticking in the services list and they are both stopped. I'm going to try a reboot just to make sure they don't restart. Will be back in a moment with the result.

Thanks.
Rob.

Last edited:
Done a reboot.

Just done a reboot, well two now. The services are still stopped, however I got a System Configuration Utility warning. This basically says you have changed the way Windows starts and it is currently in diagnostic or selective startup mode. I can either choose the normal startup and undo the changes I've made or tick the box and statup without showing the System configuration utility warning. Is it ok to do this? Or is there a utility I can use to safely remove th McAfee entries? I've got both regcleaner- which I used to remove registry entries and WinAso Registry Optimiser on my system.

Thanks for the help..

Rob.

Yes its o.k to check that box, or it will come up everytime you start, its just a warning incase malicious spftware changed your settings and you were not aware of it.

I should have mentioned it. Personally I use tweaknow to set what starts when I turn on computer, it also has a reg cleaner and uninstaller etc etc.

Great help thanks.

I'll give tweaknow a try tomorrow when I get up after nights. Many thanks for your help, this was unkown territory for me. Never mind I learnt something new which is a bonus.

Rob.

Back