messed up nation

pinkhelmets

Inactive User
Reaction score
Yeh another thread about how fkd up this nation is, but I cant believe this kinda stuff is never in the news....

So you can understand what i'm talking about I'll do a quick rough example of someone poor on low income-

Working with basic income of £600 a month.
Tax credits are awarded to help with survival ~add around £400 a month.
= £1000 which is agreed its enough to live, not much prospects of decent lifestyle.

Now say this person wants to do overtime to try and get out of poverty...
Already in place is a 90% tax charge on overtime that low income people on tax credits have to pay. This really isnt widely known publically, but it is the truth. For every £10 you earn extra you will lose £9 of your tax credit leaving you with the £1 for your extra work.
-Those on low income have accepted this ridiculous percentage and still do overtime because you can spend it quick and just end up in debt to the tax credit office.
####Not really an incentive for workers to do overtime though, knowing they will pay back 90% of their overtime and I guess thats why its kept secret and not widely known.

Anyhow, then we sometimes have Child support to consider. Now in this example, with 2 children to pay support for, this is worked out at 35% on wages but not including tax credits (fkn stupid high amount that nobody agrees is sensible btw). So if you do find extra work (overtime) then the tax credit get taken away and you will be due to pay 35% on the extra bonus money earned!

~~~This means that poor people pay 125% tax on overtime! WTF surely I must be wrong or this kinda stupidness would be in the news?? Surely!?
Hell no, the example figures arent the only time this works, its the same with ALL low income workers on tax credits with 2 children with an old partner. If you do overtime to earn £100 you will owe the tax office £90 of it and child support £35 of it.... meaning you lose £25 overall for your extra effort.

The economy in this country really has been screwed up by the rich who have no idea of reality. No wonder the official figures show the poor are getting poorer while the richest are the only ones getting richer. I wonder if bankers would pay 125% tax on their bonus payments? Bet they wouldnt even pay the 90% all tax credit claimers have to accept.

Its fkd up, and this stupidity honestly isnt just with my example. If you look into these calculations its the same for the masses, singles or families etc. No wonder nobody wants to work, especially if you ever have children. Of course we all know you get more money & benefit if you dont work at all or you're a single mum, but I'm talking about the decent people who really try but arent allowed to succeed.

its time for revolt, i know sometimes it doesnt do much good, but at least back in the poll tax days people showed they where pissed off............

banks are the worst......

I feel sorry for the future generations to come, my kids kids , this social engineering these bas....rds have been playing with ,will come back and bite. hope iam wrong .

its time for revolt, i know sometimes it doesnt do much good, but at least back in the poll tax days people showed they where pissed off............

banks are the worst......

The only problem with that is we are as selfish nation, we will never stick together has as been proven.... fuel protests for one.

Yes we did fetch the roads to a halt but der how feckin stupid were we, we used more fuel doing the rolling roads etc thus lining the pockets of the gov.

If we were lets say in France, as a nation a lot of us hate French people why? if they believe in some thing they stick together, they don't fanny about when they revolt they revolt, fetch ports to a stand still etc. oh and they don't leave till they get what they have started out to get.

They tackle immigration by moving them on yes mainly here and we are stupid enough to let them in. and then the others like the Romanie gypsys they kick them out rightly or wrongly...

If we revolt it needs to be done properly, not just some half hearted bull shit that lasts for 3 days and then we think feck we need to go back to work...

me and my missus been together for 4 years, shes on benefits and cant get a job, and has a little girl. The social pay her rent and council tax @ ~ £570 a month. She gets income support and child benefit.

I have my own house, which i pay for in full.

If we were to live together, all her money except the child benefit would stop. my council tax would go up as the house looses its 25% single occupancy discount, and i would have to fully support her.

We've worked it out, and i would need to bring in around an extra £300 a month for us to get by in the way we are now

what sort of system makes people better off financially to live in 2 houses, where one of them costs the taxpayer £7k a year?

the whole system is flawed as fook, and totally stacked AGAINST a working family

It's only going to get worse now the tories are in power!

Back