Linux media streaming in ubuntu

Magnu420

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
dunno if this is in the correct section :err:

ok im new to linux been using ubuntu for past week cos i was sick of the loading up time
on me old dinasaur of a lappy with xp pro,anyway quite impressed with it,ive been using fiscstream
for a few years (to view my dreambox on my lan network)and its been flawless,even better then vlc,
anyway just wondering if theres a streamer like this,been tryin to get vlc to work in ubuntu but it not having
it,tried differant versions aswell,i did try to load fiscstream on ubuntu using wine but when i click on to start
it,it just shows the starting up screen and thats it,so any other streamers like this works on linux ???

Not sure what you're trying to achieve but this might give you a start...

...general Ubuntu and I may be able to help as I've been using it for years - give me a shout and I'll do me best :)

thats a bit too technicle for what i want to do,been tryin to use web-x-tv thru typin the dreambox
ip into the address bar but like i say vlc wont connect,i only want to use it so i can watch the dreambox
on this lappy with ubuntu on

Maybe this then?

But double-check the IP and see if you can ping the DM (terminal, ping a.b.c.d DM IP address)

have you got the vlc plugins installed in mozzilla as well ?
i have done this no probs in ubuntufrom 8.04 to 10.04 and even now using mepis it plays in km player
all i do is but box ip in webbrowser you then get web if interface with all your channel list shown select channel wait until it shows signal strengtgh up then hit the vlc button and it plays the channel ok
i think you can also save the vid and then open with vlc
may help you out

Back