Media Portal TV Tuning problem

thebaron

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Ive got 2 brand new OS installations.
1. MCE 2005 (with dvbfix)
2. Windows 7

ive got 2 x Twinham CI.Cab cable tuners (latest drivers)
Firewalls OFF.
UAC is OFF.

theyve both had the 1click installation of Mediaportal 1.0.2. Ive configured the DB access and now im onto scanning for tv stations.

Ive got some random results from scanning, Most of the time receive "No Signal" on every transpnder scanned. there is no signal at all visible in the bar. Then on the very rare occasion i get about 1/4 of the actual tv stations found. but when i come to view a FTA station I recieve "No Signal" error message. I have since tried to scan using the manual input which randomly displays the message "61 transponders found, do you want to scan" which then returns "No signal" once again.

I have checked the eventlog and found nothing

I then checked the error log for tvserver and its full of this particular message: -

2009-08-16 11:31:21.865234 [12]: Exception :TvLibrary.TvExceptionNoSignal: Unable to tune to channel - no signal
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDvbBase.RunGraph(Int32 subChannel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.TvCardDVBC.Tune(Int32 subChannelId, IChannel channel)
at TvLibrary.Implementations.DVB.DvbBaseScanning.ScanNIT(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)
at TvService.ChannelScanning.ScanNIT(IChannel channel, ScanParameters settings)

Ive got a copy of DVBViewer and that works excellent with the tv tuner cards.
Ive even gone as far as to install dvblink and get that working in MS Media Centre on the windows 7 installation.
I would be happy with this setup apart from the system recource usage is 30-40% when im not even using the tv cards.

Does any1 have any ideas on what im doing wrong?

the normal reasons for this is either not using the correct tunign parameters or installing softcam pluggins before scanning - also not rebooting afer installing the cards bda drivers can cause no channels to be found on a scan - if none of these is the case I'd suggest you do a search on the MP forum

Last edited:
the normal reasons for this is either not using the correct tunign parameters or installing softcam pluggins before scanning - also not rebooting afer installing the cards bda drivers can cause no channels to be found on a scan - if none of these is the case I'd suggest you do a search on the MP forum

none of the above are the problem mate, ive been browsing mp forums this morning whilst at work (naughty lol) and come across a few threads all having the same proble with the twinhan card. but 1 guy seems to have got his working with a older driver

[Installation] DVB-C Scanning broken - MediaPortal Forum

gonna try it tonight

none of the above are the problem mate, ive been browsing mp forums this morning whilst at work (naughty lol) and come across a few threads all having the same proble with the twinhan card. but 1 guy seems to have got his working with a older driver

[Installation] DVB-C Scanning broken - MediaPortal Forum

gonna try it tonight

well that was another 3 hours of my life wasted last night.

I cant believe how much time ive put into this little project, i was really hoping to get mediaportal working with atleast the FTA stuff. Mediaportals DVB card requirements even states my card works. but yet after alot of googling and searching mediaportals forum. ive found no evidence to getting this card working. So im not sure what to do now, do I : -

1. Buy 2 new pci dvb-c cards and try again
2. Purchase DVBlink and use that with dvbviewer, which works but the cpu usage is concerning when im not even watching tv.
3. Smash the PC to bits lol

I've got this card (mantis 2033) working 100%, did have problems with the scan at first, due to my DVB-S2 using the the same Mantis driver, it was overwritting the DVB-C card driver, so i had to use the 1.0.4 (April 08) for both cards, plus i move slots..... if you have done the same (move slots) start a full fresh install, also remove MYSQL Database (complete removal), this is were the problem is, then re-install

The message i was getting "Unabletostartgraph" after scanning.

When scanning in mediaportal, i select (TW), then enter 507000, 6952 in the manual setting.... then click enter (manual button), give it a 30 sec or so....it returns collecting - "found 89 transponders would you like to scan"

Last edited:
not in tw land but 89 sems very high - in pure more normal is 30 ish

I've got this card (mantis 2033) working 100%, did have problems with the scan at first, due to my DVB-S2 using the the same Mantis driver, it was overwritting the DVB-C card driver, so i had to use the 1.0.4 (April 08) for both cards, plus i move slots..... if you have done the same (move slots) start a full fresh install, also remove MYSQL Database (complete removal), this is were the problem is, then re-install

The message i was getting "Unabletostartgraph" after scanning.

When scanning in mediaportal, i select (TW), then enter 507000, 6952 in the manual setting.... then click enter (manual button), give it a 30 sec or so....it returns collecting - "found 89 transponders would you like to scan"

thanks for help mate,

im afriad im out of slots. the motherboard has 2 pci and theyve both got a dvb-c in them. I cant imagine it being the hardware and the OS as the cards work perfect in dvbviewer. Mediaportals the problem, it seems since version 1 was released, alot of ppl have had problems with the twinhan card

thanks for help mate,

im afriad im out of slots. the motherboard has 2 pci and theyve both got a dvb-c in them. I cant imagine it being the hardware and the OS as the cards work perfect in dvbviewer. Mediaportals the problem, it seems since version 1 was released, alot of ppl have had problems with the twinhan card

Twinhan drivers does support Multiplexing in Mediaportal, os...... try using one with a twinhan driver, the other with a digitalriser driver both with simular dates, but not the same driver. As i said i'm using two cards both with Mantis drivers.

not in tw land but 89 sems very high - in pure more normal is 30 ish

well can't say much about that, but it collect 253 channels and 39 radio!! take about 15 mins to scan.

Twinhan drivers does support Multiplexing in Mediaportal, os...... try using one with a twinhan driver, the other with a digitalriser driver both with simular dates, but not the same driver. As i said i'm using two cards both with Mantis drivers.

ill give it ago mate, not sure how its gonna go, trying to install 2 different drivers for the same hardware types though lol

ive tried the digital riser drivers to no success in the past.

fingers crossed

Back