Media Player for car

bwfcmadmike

Inactive User
Reaction score
ok ive been trawling the internet to try and find a media player that can be used in the car, i have got used to no dvds lying about , after purchasing a wdtv live streamer with portable hdd , id prefer a dual screen option for over the headrests but would consider buying two if needs be, i know there are dvd players with usb support but 8gb seems to be largest size supported and that doesnt hold many films as my kids are VERY! picky so a large option on this would be better , can anyone point me in the right direction or recommend anything please i need help pleeeeeeeaaaaassssssssseeeeee!!!!!: thanks :

you could get a small pc running xbmc some thing like this

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
This set-up in the vid is playing on a old xbox 1 so it cant play hi-def vids you need newer hardware to do that

you can test xbmc on your pc now go here Downloads | XBMC

Attachments

• XBMCKey.pdf
    89.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited by a moderator:
im looking for child friendly , choose film , press play , watch for 5yr old upwards , can the 02 joggler be setup like that , earphone sockets? remote control ? , cheers for suggestions, im looking to just put avi's or such on a hdd, or large usb/sd card and let them get on with watching , i wont be using it for anything else really

Last edited:
go for full blown pc mate ,7 inch touch screen can be had for about £100 and then mini itx system .
itx system can be had for about £120 with a dc to dc power supply
its not an off the shelf item and takes a little planning but will beat anything you can buy
the pc give you loads of options to list a few

video
gps
audio
network
diagnostic's incar

sorry turner brown im just looking for simple solution like a over head rest dvd player you buy of the shelf but with the option of using hdd or usb memory stick (over 8gb)that will keep the kids happy at pretty low cost , im into a cheap tablet idea as long as kids around 5yrs can maybe use it with a remote, i cant find one that will accept over 8gb from usb or sd card , and most dont say whether they do even play from usb

2 advent vaga 's then will do the trick and you get mounts for them
maybe a little big at 10 inch but my 2 1/2 year old works one

Haha I still have my old xbox in my boot from 2004 with evox and xbmc still works a treat even though I dont use it. My xbox acutally runs from car battery got a converter made for psu as the ac-dc inverter gave loads of interfance. My advise would be to go with something like WDTV or similar with composite out and just hook up to what ever monitors you want.

Back