Other Mate's got a problem with new broadband and old email

shaun127

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
We Don't Do Walking Away. I would rather die with
Guys, a mate of mine has just changed from orange to Sky broadband, he wants to keep using his old freeserve email addy.He can receive emails but cant send, I take it its the smtp settings as he is no longer with orange,

so anyone seen this problem and can help.

server settings port etc. that actually work.?

Thanks Lads

Hi,

When you say he receives emails from the account, how is he accessing them? has he set up outlook ?

Mike

I think these are the settings needed To set up your broadband email service, you'll need a couple of settings. These can be found below:

USERNAME

Your email username looks like one of these examples:

yourname.orangehome.co.uk
yourname.wanadoo.co.uk
yourname.freeserve.co.uk
yourname.fsnet.co.uk
yourname.fsbusiness.co.uk
yourname.fslife.co.uk
yourname.fsworld.co.uk

The @fs found at the end of your router's broadband username isn't needed for email.

EMAIL ADDRESS

Your email address is your choice of name, followed by the @ sign and your email username, e.g. [email protected].

You can use as many email addresses before the @ sign as you like, e.g. [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected].

SERVER SETTINGS

Email server: POP3
Pop server (incoming): pop.orangehome.co.uk
SMTP server (outgoing): smtp.orangehome.co.uk
Secure password authentication: no
POP incoming port number: 110
Outgoing SMTP port number: 25

Although they might have suspended his account if he has left them. Can he not just use the webmail service at least to make sure the account is still active?

Thanks Guys I think he's using Outlook or something similar. I'll hopefully see him later and ask him.

I was thinking even if he gets access through smtp settings I think orange will cut off his email service anyway after 30 days because he has left them.?

I'll see what he says and get back to you after speaking with him

Thanks

Back