Massacred by a jealous monster

fireblade

Elite Member
Reaction score
A MUM and her two young children found dead at home were murdered by her jealous husband.

Joy Small, 24, son Aubarr, three, and daughter Chanarra, two, were discovered after a warden stumbled on violent Aram Aziz's body in a Leicester park.

A grieving friend said crazed Aziz put Joy through years of violent hell. Jennie Bland said Aziz battered Joy, threatened to kill her and the children and once even doused her with petrol and tried to set it alight.

She added: "At least she can rest in peace now. He can't hurt her now. She is finally free of him."

Joy, Aubarr and Chanarra were found dead in their flat a few hours after the body of Iraqi Kurd Aziz, 32, was discovered two miles away.

Jennie said: "She was a good person and a fantastic mum. She died for those children.

"Her husband was extremely possessive. He would beat her all the time and tried to stop her seeing her friends.

"He was an abusive monster. He'd poured petrol over her and tried to set her alight, and threw a mirror at their son."

Heartbroken Jennie said Aubarr would have been celebrating his fourth birthday yesterday. She added: "He'd have been really looking forward to it. They were gorgeous kids and Joy doted on them."

Police were called to the couple's Leicester flat a number of times after cannabis-loving Aziz attacked Joy and threatened the children.

After the petrol incident, Joy plucked up courage to leave Aziz. But such was her fear of him that she had a panic button put in her flat and slept with a hammer under her pillow.

Jennie, 27, said: "She eventually found the strength to finish with him. She was doing really well with the support of her friends.

"But she'd had to have a panic button installed. I stayed over one night and Joy had a hammer under her pillow, she was that scared of him.

"When they split he'd left a message on her phone saying he'd kill her and the children.

"He said she could never have another boyfriend."

A few months ago Joy, who has a seven-year-old son from a first marriage, announced she had a new boyfriend.

Jennie suspected she had taken Aziz back - but was keeping it secret because police and social services had warned her she might lose the children unless she dumped him.

Jennie discovered her suspicions were true. She rowed with Joy and the two women stopped speaking.

Stunned Jennie said: "I didn't want this to happen. I wish I'd followed my instincts now and done something. If I had, she might still be alive."

Police found Joy and the two children at their Leicester flat on Saturday afternoon. A spokesman said the causes of death had not been established.

A warden at Watermead country park had discovered Aziz's body in a shed 24 hours earlier.

Joy's first husband Javed Ghaznavi yesterday said he had not yet broken the news to their seven-year-old son, who lives with him. He said: "He is too young to have to cope with this. Joy was a lovely woman."

Javed, 32, said he had become so worried about Aziz's heavy drug use that he had spoken to Joy about it.

He added: "Our son would stay at her house sometimes. I knew her new man smoked a lot of weed. I talked to Joy and she assured me he didn't smoke weed in front of my son."

Joy's stepdad Martin Small said she had recently adopted a Muslim lifestyle. He added: "We are devastated. None of it makes sense."

Floral tributes were left outside the family's Jersey Road flat yesterday along with pink and blue teddy bears.

Mum and her kids massacred by a jealous monster | The Sun |News

regards steve.

Back