Mame CHD Roms

Purity

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I am aware that the current version of Mame supports 3625 unique roms. Does anyone know which CHD games it supports and what they all are? Is the number of CHD games part of the 3625?

Is there any way that I can check to see if I have any missing or damaged roms, against the list of supported roms?

EDIT Just found out the answer to one of the questions above:

-romident compares roms with known roms
-verifyroms reports roms that have trouble
-validate performs driver validation on all game drivers

Last edited:
I'm going to do my best to answer what I can on this post, as you seem to have answered the majority of your own questions - so having said that I will attempt a useful reply and I hope it helps out in some way:

You mentioned about CHD's (I'm assuming that you already know what CHD files are) and from what I can tell you about CHD games and MAME compatibility I can tell you that the Dance Dance Revolution games as I understand it just don't work properly or at all (and perhaps someone can add more clarification on this) also I can tell you that the Killer Instinct games or at least Killer Instinct 1 and 2 are also CHD roms/games and both work in MAME and work very well.

I hope this (somewhat vague) reply was helpful.

Cheers.

I'm going to do my best to answer what I can on this post, as you seem to have answered the majority of your own questions - so having said that I will attempt a useful reply and I hope it helps out in some way:

You mentioned about CHD's (I'm assuming that you already know what CHD files are) and from what I can tell you about CHD games and MAME compatibility I can tell you that the Dance Dance Revolution games as I understand it just don't work properly or at all (and perhaps someone can add more clarification on this) also I can tell you that the Killer Instinct games or at least Killer Instinct 1 and 2 are also CHD roms/games and both work in MAME and work very well.

I hope this (somewhat vague) reply was helpful.

Cheers.

Yeah fella I understand what CHD roms are. I'll give killer instinct a go. Can anyone else recommend any CHD games they know defo work?

i know area 51 works, great shooter. if you like shooting games i'd recommend getting an lcd topgun. they are cheap and work great with any type of screen

Back