Maldonado hit with two grid penalties for Monza

rawsy

DW F1 Champ 2010, 14, 19, 20 and 22
VIP Member
Reaction score
Pastor Maldonado hit with two grid penalties for Monza | Belgian Grand Prix | Formula 1 news, live F1 | ESPN F1

Pastor Maldonado will be demoted ten place from wherever he qualifies for next weekend's Italian Grand Prix after receiving two five-place penalties for incidents at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Maldonado's race ended on lap four but in that time he jumped the start and was also involved in a collision with Timo Glock. As a result he has been handed two five-place grid penalties for the next race.

The jump start was clear to see and even prompted race director Charlie Whiting to shake his head as he watched the cars depart. Maldonado then spun at the first corner and picked up a puncture due to the debris from a separate incident involving Romain Grosjean, Lewis Hamilton and Fernando Alonso.

A pit stop dropped him to the back of the pack and then he made contact with Glock's Marussia at the restart, which damaged his front wing and put him out of the race.

"I made a slight mistake at the start because the clutch slipped out of my hands before the red light switched off," Maldonado explained. "We then got caught up in the first corner incident and that compromised our race. I'm disappointed because we could have scored some good points here, but it's not long until the next race so we're looking forward now."

they are quick to ban grosjean but another slap on the wrist for skelator head

agreed nara, Maldonado should be banned a race for persistent cock-ups not Grosjean, just glad they all escaped unhurt. They may introduce a head protector for 2014, after that

i think they need to that was a very close call. a couple of inches the wrong way and alonso wouldnt have had a head. i think thats why they gave grosjean the ban. if the crash haddnt of been so bad i bet he would have had a grid penalty and fine. the stewards still arnt beign consistant in my view and as said maldonardo deserved a ban long ago for his antics.

Back