MAG: Anyone playing

Shindig

DW Regular
Reaction score
MAG released on Friday.
Got it Saturday.
I like it, not as graphically pleasing as COD or slick single player game play etc, totally online...but its tops.... 256 people on one map!
Works really well for the PS3.

My PS3 is in the lounge at the moment so I will be playing this one for the near future.

I got this game and love it, time to sell modern glitchfare 2 now ;)

The only people I seem to hear speaking in game are the yanks going over the top, lol

I briefly played the recent beta, caught it well late so didn't play it as much as I'd have liked, have to say I loved it. And I'm not that much of an online player, especially shooters. Great game though, that IGN review is totall bullshit too, and not just because it scored a 7 or something, but because if you actually read the review the first sentence is "it works", but the criticisms listed are all part and parcel of playing online shooters, which to level them criticisms at this game like they don't appear in all the others by nature, I thought was very harsh to be honest.

Great online shooter though. Nowt wrong with it.

Just got this today, wasn't too sure about it at first but after getting use to it im really enjoying it!

Im quite good at COD so that was getting really boring then when i got this it was so frustrating getting killed all the time but now im getting better its awsome.

Only at level 5 the now so not done any massive wars yet but i like the Sabatage mode for now.

The only downside is the Acquisition game seems quite complicated with alot going on, meybe i need to play it some more to understand it a bit better!

I've had it for a couple of days now and i have come to the conclusion that it is shit.

It was hard getting into as you say but i stuck with it to get up to level 8 for the massive games but it just isn't very good. I've never been into first person shooters untill the forst Modern warfare came out so thats all i really like and this is not a patch on those games!

Theres just too much going on which is just confusing and it takes AGES to get up the ranks to unlock some half decent stuff.

The game modes and just general gameplay on COD2 are 10x better than this. It could have been so much better but...

Will be listed on Ebay today!

AVOID!!!!

I've had it for a couple of days now and i have come to the conclusion that it is shit.

It was hard getting into as you say but i stuck with it to get up to level 8 for the massive games but it just isn't very good. I've never been into first person shooters untill the forst Modern warfare came out so thats all i really like and this is not a patch on those games!

Theres just too much going on which is just confusing and it takes AGES to get up the ranks to unlock some half decent stuff.

The game modes and just general gameplay on COD2 are 10x better than this. It could have been so much better but...

Will be listed on Ebay today!

AVOID!!!!

You probably got raped today and you'll be loving it again in another 2 days lol, but seriously though m8 truthfully is this game that bad ? I was thinking about buying this since I played the beta and really enjoyed what extremely little of it I did play due to catching it on the last day and being busy that day so only got a handful of matches in if that. Obviously you've played it a hell of a lot more than I have....

Last edited:
Im not too bad at it, usually get the most kills in my squad but its just so frustrating.

It takes about 10 hits just to kill someone for a start, there is absolutely no teamwork, just folk running around like a headless chicken and the spawn points are a joke. You could have to wait 20 seconds to re-spawn and have to run for ages to get back into the action as there so far away.

Its also just not as smooth as COD and the guns and ranking up are a joke, it takes ages.

Today for example i had 23 kills, and was awarded 130XP points in total, but medics who run about healing folk can earn 500XP easilly but thats just boring!

And it takes AGES to rank up due to this low XP.

Mines is currently litsted on ebay now, back to the COD i guess but thats getting boring now!

Im not too bad at it, usually get the most kills in my squad but its just so frustrating.

It takes about 10 hits just to kill someone for a start, there is absolutely no teamwork, just folk running around like a headless chicken and the spawn points are a joke. You could have to wait 20 seconds to re-spawn and have to run for ages to get back into the action as there so far away.

Its also just not as smooth as COD and the guns and ranking up are a joke, it takes ages.

Today for example i had 23 kills, and was awarded 130XP points in total, but medics who run about healing folk can earn 500XP easilly but thats just boring!

And it takes AGES to rank up due to this low XP.

Mines is currently litsted on ebay now, back to the COD i guess but thats getting boring now!

When i played the beta i thought the very same, but thought well it's a beta so should be some improvement when the full verison comes out, as they'll listen to comments etc. Well rented it from blockbuster and it's just the same.
People will love this type of game im sure, but i think if you have played the likes of COD and killzone 2 then ur gonna stay with them.
For sure tho, it's a massive step forward in gaming, the more fps that have 256 fighting a war the better.

I'll give this a miss then, tell you what though Heavy Rain is getting bought on day 1 - I played the demo last night, demo was awesome and the graphics are even better!

This game is great fun if played correctly, if you just want to get straight into battle and run and gun and expect to win easily like on COD then i don't think Mag is a good choice for you.

This games needs teamwork to play correctly, which doesn't always happen during the game at the moment.

I prefer Mag over COD MW2 at the moment, and most of all there's no glitches that i've noticed yet to ruin gameplay like there has been almost every time i've played COD.

For me MAG took a good while before i got to enjoy it at first i kept comparing to other shooters and kept being pissed off with it,, but then when i got a few games with ppl who where actually playing as a team and coordinating with each other i found it really good,,, the thing with a shit load o bullets b4 they go down peeved me too but realistically it would be shit if it was like cod what with 256 players shooting from all angles, my overall with this games is has turned out good the team play is gunna make for a really good shooter when folk start getting a grasp of the dynamics.bring on the team play..

For me MAG took a good while before i got to enjoy it at first i kept comparing to other shooters and kept being pissed off with it,, but then when i got a few games with ppl who where actually playing as a team and coordinating with each other i found it really good,,, the thing with a shit load o bullets b4 they go down peeved me too but realistically it would be shit if it was like cod what with 256 players shooting from all angles, my overall with this games is has turned out good the team play is gunna make for a really good shooter when folk start getting a grasp of the dynamics.bring on the team play..

That's just it with games like this, teamwork is key - that means headsets too - but what happens most of the time with random matches? get nobs on out for themselves. But get teamwork going and it's great - Fifa 10 is a good example, 10vs10 is great if you get people working as a team but on random matches most of the time you get wing backs playing as strikers and everyone going after the ball not keeping the shape and not passing and it ruins the match. Same principle.

Last edited:
I bought mag on day of release but its still wrapped up with tekken 6 and assassins creed 2, still finishing cod 4 after I completed 6 then itll be cod 5 then one of the others.
:Fish:

Well I have had a week off playing MAG. Tried to get back into this week and I am totally rubbish! Can't kill anyone, score low points. Really had a downfall with it.

Well I have had a week off playing MAG. Tried to get back into this week and I am totally rubbish! Can't kill anyone, score low points. Really had a downfall with it.

I get like that with Pro Evo Soccer games, I stop playing for a while or go back to one after playing a different iteration and can I just pick it up and score? Hell no lol muscle memory's gone totally alien until I get back up to speed with it. Which usually takes a few days. That's half of the reason why I think new PES games are shite at first simply because it takes a while to get up to speed with it. And because they've been on the slide since the awesome that was PES5, sorry this thread's about MAG isn't it lol.

Last edited:
Back