macDB v1.0

zerofool2005

Chilld/Teenage Member
Reaction score
I hope you allow this on here. For some reason. A lot of noobs get really bitchy on other forums. Calling me a fed etc.

Strangely I had one server shut down.... Dont know if it was a cease and desist notice from ISP. But meh. Its not illegal. Also they get raged because i have the ability to use $_SERVER["REMOTE_ADDR"] (Oh skills!) (They think i have a database of EVERYBODY's ip....)

But anyhoo. Back on subject

I have been developing this for a while. Still got a massive to do list. But its operational atm.

http://www.macdb.co.cc
Upload macs etc. Will add some sniffer parsing later.

Reply here with what you think!

The only way this will ever be useful is if you could somehow scan for all the MACs on the network and then from that data create a database out of it.
Shame it would only work on Ex-TW...

Should take about a few weeks to get all the data, ah well... maybe someone will rise to the challenge.. don't look at me! I'm not risking my ass doing all that scanning :p

Oh, and the fact you can enter any random data in makes it easy for VM just to flood the DB with crappy macs hence my suggestion about a static database :)

edit :

The search is broken as well :-/

Ive added wildcards to search.

E.G Search bolt and it will show all those bolt(1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8) etc.

Im going to add some extra parsing for the mac adding.

Any more suggestions?

Also VM cant flood my database. They are breaking my rules. And are liable.

They are also liable for bricking all those modems... they don't care :p

Thats a totally differnt case. There TOS states they can update the firmware on hardware connected to their network!

But this is my database.

Bit of a grey area tbh they're even banning cloned macs off the network now despite it effecting other customers, lol.

Back