M2ts files

Manse

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just downloaded a movie that has loads of m2ts files.
one is the hole movie others are extra's etc but if i put just the one on my media player the only English speaking one has audio description ie mr t enters the room.
What is the best way to either join them has one or convert them.

doesn't k-lite or VLC play there ?

M2TS files are the standard format for blu-ray disks, same as VOB is the DVD format.

M2TS files will play on anything that can play a blu-ray movie.

They can be streamed in full HD format to a PS3 using ps3mediaserver.

Unlike DVD the film is not split into chunks. There will be 1 M2TS file for the full movie, normally the largest file, and all sound streams are normally included within the file.

There are lots of programs on the net that will convert the files to MKV and keep the quality. Although I have never had the need to convert them myself.

I play them on my PC using Splayer and I know the media centre built into windows 7 plays them.

Should of said its a WD elements media player 2tb.
it does play m2ts files but the thing is a nightmare so far every file i've put on it is acting wierd ie plays fine and in English on pc but will only play in other language when on drive.

Can you not change the language using the remote, like on a DVD player?

Is there no option is the setup to choose the default language to play?

Yes mate you can but most times the only english audio is that decription audio where it tells the viewer whats happening on screen.
plus i have to convert most audio from DTS to AC3 because it did say it run DTS but in the small print its through a amp.

I know there are various formats of audio on a Blu-Ray disk so the M2TS files are encoded sometimes with only audio that can play through an amp, like DTS-HD, or Dolby Digital Plus.

The only formats that are required to be on every disk are Dolby Digital, DTS and Linear PCM. Any other format is optional, but I know from watching my amp that most films come up as Dolby Digital EX or DTS-HD as standard, my PS3 is set to play English as default but I didn't have to set which stream.

Conversion may be the best option and tell the converter which audio stream to convert along with the video.

Demux the file and delete what audio streams you don't want then remux the remaining audio file with the video file, all done. If the movie is split into segments use the playlist file which will load what files you need. The Program to do all this is called. tsMuxeR. Hope that helps m8...

Back