looking to install oscam on my dm7020

dbspider

Member ++
Reaction score
but the current image (pli beta ) does not have it as a download so dont know how to install it

also how do you get this cam to work with that uk tv company card

i have been using cccam for ages but been told that it is now so vulnerable

see attached document I wrote this, you can manually install oscam - although the document refers to a DM500S - you can use it as a reference point to install on your dreambox.

Attachments

• MANUAL INSTALL OF OSCAM ON PLI JADE 3 ENIGMA 1 IMAGE.pdf
    41.3 KB · Views: 105
see attached document I wrote this, you can manually install oscam - although the document refers to a DM500S - you can use it as a reference point to install on your dreambox.

I found your pdf image on how to install Oscam very useful, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the complete set up.
I'm using a DM7020 with CCcam and I've lost ESPN. I'm looking to convert from CCcam to Oscam as I've read this is the way forward. Would you be able to give me more help on this subject please?
Regards Lisa
:Dunce:

I found your pdf image on how to install Oscam very useful, but I'm a bit lost when it comes to the complete set up.
I'm using a DM7020 with CCcam and I've lost ESPN. I'm looking to convert from CCcam to Oscam as I've read this is the way forward. Would you be able to give me more help on this subject please?
Regards Lisa
:Dunce:

what exact problem are you having

have you installed oscam and got the card reading?

what exact problem are you having

have you installed oscam and got the card reading?

Thanks for your reply.
It's installing oscam I'm confused about.
I've lost the ESPN channels and I've been reading that cccam on its own is not the best, and that installing oscam alongside cccam is the best option. (I'm already using cccam).
I don't understand the technical side of where and how to install oscam, what script to use etc, and I want to keep the pli jade image software.
Regards Lisa

Thanks for your reply.
It's installing oscam I'm confused about.
I've lost the ESPN channels and I've been reading that cccam on its own is not the best, and that installing oscam alongside cccam is the best option. (I'm already using cccam).
I don't understand the technical side of where and how to install oscam, what script to use etc, and I want to keep the pli jade image software.
Regards Lisa

you use oscam as the server and either cccam as client or mgcamd as client

in the cccam.cfg file you do not need to enter any config for the card reader, all you do is put an N line in to connect to the oscam server to read they keys from the card.

what image are you running, if pli jade then read the manual install oscam document to install it and then the configure oscam to configure it.

Attachments

• MANUAL INSTALL OF OSCAM ON PLI JADE 3 ENIGMA 1 IMAGE[1].pdf
    37.7 KB · Views: 16
  • HOW TO CONFIGURE OSCAM - DM500S[1].pdf
    80.3 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
Many thanks again for your info. I think with a lot more reading I can come to grips with doing what's entailed. But tweaking the script to my personal stuff is probably way past my knowhow. I will have a go tomorrow on a DM500.

Re your attachments, could you perhaps explain in a little more detail the following extract:-

"This is where all users accounts are created.
[au] set this to 1 for only one user, who is the only user allowed to send EMM from the client. You can use the web interface to add more user accounts or modify the oscam.user file and add accounts as required."

I'm using a DM7020 as a server running CCcam. There are a few clients on the server. Who would be classed as a user account? Do I need to add each client to the Oscam [account] script? How do you define which user is allowed to send EMM's?

Regards, Lisa

Many thanks again for your info. I think with a lot more reading I can come to grips with doing what's entailed. But tweaking the script to my personal stuff is probably way past my knowhow. I will have a go tomorrow on a DM500.

Re your attachments, could you perhaps explain in a little more detail the following extract:-

"This is where all users accounts are created.
[au] set this to 1 for only one user, who is the only user allowed to send EMM from the client. You can use the web interface to add more user accounts or modify the oscam.user file and add accounts as required."

I'm using a DM7020 as a server running CCcam. There are a few clients on the server. Who would be classed as a user account? Do I need to add each client to the Oscam [account] script? How do you define which user is allowed to send EMM's?

Regards, Lisa

as per the document, you will need to create each user who will connect to the oscam server, and only set AU to 1 for one users, as you only need a single user to send EMM to the server to update the entitlements, however as far as I know if you have multiple clients sending AU then I cant see that being a problem.

Thanks very much again.
So in effect oscam will take over from CCcam as the server?
Sorry, another question. So what does the N line actually do?
Much appreciated
Lisa

Just to add to the above post, I've used DCC and got as far as installing oscam, softcamd the box which now shows oscam, but I can't find the conf, user and server scripts in DCC. Also do I need to install mgcamd if I already have cccam

The N line is to tell cccam that you are using the newcamd protocol - you can still use the cccam as the softcam and enter your line as a N line instead of a C line

the document mentions where the config files are

Back