VU+ Solo2 Lonrisun Clonesafe Images February 2015 (for use with v4 flash)

Re: Lonrisun Clonesafe Images (for use with v4 flash)

Hi mate, the image i used was: the VIX Apollo Image of your download in the 1st post of this thread, its not a show stopper but I normally programme it for deep standby when a recording has completed.
Just read on WoS that few others have had issues with deep standby and also some don't. Hopefully, they will fix it in a future issue (once they find out why only a few suffer from deep standby problem).

Ok. I'm thinking that if this is a plugin that is needed (even in original of same build) then plugin may not install correctly as it's a kernel and the 'sed' command should prevent update of kernel (along with associated drivers) to allow online updates without fear of bricked box. If this appears to be the case, then it should be possible to put 'sed' back to what it should be which may allow kernel plugin to work.
As Dar as I now it's just a system package which I installed. My usb drive is 2 TB so I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem.

On the original solo2 front, my friends daughter has just discovered the beauty of a dual tuner box, doesn't look like I'll be getting my box back soon.

As Dar as I now it's just a system package which I installed. My usb drive is 2 TB so I'm wondering if that might be part of the problem.
I assume it's related to Kernel as filename had 'Kernel' in it.

On the original solo2 front, my friends daughter has just discovered the beauty of a dual tuner box, doesn't look like I'll be getting my box back soon.
Dual tuner and faster box - why would you want to go back lol.

How i can make v4 flash with Vu solo 2 SE? what i need first make?

i found a bug in openvix... the webif interface wont zap... so if you are trying to zap from webif... it doesn't work..

I have uploaded newer versions of most popular images in a new thread here.

I shall therefore ask for this thread to be closed.

Last edited:

An update just in case it might help somebody. I reflashed the image onto my clone solo2 and still couldn't get my USB NTFS external drive to mount. Looking in the logs I could see that for some reason as it didn't detect the type of filesystem it was was falling through to the default which was UBI.

A few quick google searches led to the file /etc/filesystems which had an existing line ntfs-3g so I changed the line to ntfs and voilà the drive mounted.

So to recap, I installed the package kernel-module-ntfs, I also installed libfuse2 but I don't think this is necessary. I then edited the above file and the drive mounted.

Copy of the logs below to show what it was doing before and after:

Drive being detected
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Before file edit
Code:

After file edit
Code:

Last edited:

Having now run with this image since Saturday, is it just me or is the picture quality of the latest drivers worse than ViX-808? I've found the picture way too soft and skin tones a bit washed out? Maybe I'll just get used to it but as soon as the image started I noticed it.

Back