lonrison V4 software and Openvix 147 V4 safe image

trancer

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just upgraded to V4 and tried loading a V4 safe Openvix 147 image from the downloads section and the image will only load if there is no ethernet connected. If I try to load with ethernet connected it gets stuck at the openvix splash screen with the vix logo constantly spinning in upper left corner. Left it like that for 15 minutes, but no change.

Any ideas?.

Hi mate, I revived my bricked Solo2 and used the following VIX download by Ketmp:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/dow...653/417656-lonrisun-clonesafe-images-use.html
Looking at the download section, if its this you downloaded:
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?resources/2937/
its for a SUNRAY box, not a LONRISON.

Suttsy.

Just upgraded to V4 and tried loading a V4 safe Openvix 147 image from the downloads section and the image will only load if there is no ethernet connected. If I try to load with ethernet connected it gets stuck at the openvix splash screen with the vix logo constantly spinning in upper left corner. Left it like that for 15 minutes, but no change.

Any ideas?.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, that is the Openvix image I used. Also tried the OpenATV listed there and same issue. Gets to splash screen and goes no further. I wish there was a way to verify that the V4 update is loaded, but apparently there isn't.

OK, so I'd then visit VU+ and X Website --- DownLoads and download the chip upgrade, and reflash with the latest imge relase from that site.
If that works OK, then you could try Ketmp's backup again....

Suttsy.

Not sure what the chip upgrade is, nothing with that description on the vu-hd site.

Here is what I did so far.

Upgrade to V3 then to V4: Not sure if the upgrades were successful despite executable window stating download complete.

Flash OpenVIX 147 V4 safe image: Sticks on splash screen (waterfall) with spinning vix logo when internet is connected. Fully loads without internet, but won't scan for channels despite tuners being configured and full signal strength.

Flash OpenATV 4.2 V4 safe image: Sticks on splash screen (wings logo) with or without internet.

Flash Blackhole 2.1.4 V4 safe image: This one actually loaded with internet connected, but box locks up when doing channel search.

Flash Blackhole 2.1.1 image: The box came with this, but I guess upgrading to V4 means it will no longer work, because, well, it no longer works.

I had VTI 7.0 working for the past couple weeks, so can rule out there being an issue with the dish or cables or connectors. All images show full signal strength anyway, they just refuse to scan channels getting to about 10% before the box freezes and no longer responds to remote input.

Called it a day after 6 hours fighting with it so the good old Freesat box has been returned to active duty. :)

Not quite sure what the problem is so mate.
On the Vu download the update tools:
(UPDATE TOOLS_20140508) I think this is for V3, but not 100% sure, its what i updated 1st.
then carried out this update (UPDADE TOOLS_20140906)
I then downloaded (OPENVIX VU+SOLO2)
Booted the box, fooled around with it and so.
after a couple of days I downloaded Ketmp's backup & the rest is history, boxes works fine.
Hope this helps mate.....

suttsy...

Not sure what the chip upgrade is, nothing with that description on the vu-hd site.

Here is what I did so far.

Upgrade to V3 then to V4: Not sure if the upgrades were successful despite executable window stating download complete.

Flash OpenVIX 147 V4 safe image: Sticks on splash screen (waterfall) with spinning vix logo when internet is connected. Fully loads without internet, but won't scan for channels despite tuners being configured and full signal strength.

Flash OpenATV 4.2 V4 safe image: Sticks on splash screen (wings logo) with or without internet.

Flash Blackhole 2.1.4 V4 safe image: This one actually loaded with internet connected, but box locks up when doing channel search.

Flash Blackhole 2.1.1 image: The box came with this, but I guess upgrading to V4 means it will no longer work, because, well, it no longer works.

I had VTI 7.0 working for the past couple weeks, so can rule out there being an issue with the dish or cables or connectors. All images show full signal strength anyway, they just refuse to scan channels getting to about 10% before the box freezes and no longer responds to remote input.

Called it a day after 6 hours fighting with it so the good old Freesat box has been returned to active duty. :)

I did the V3 then V4 update. I will try the Openvix image. Pretty sure I have tried that one before when I first got the box. It is actually Apollo 029 which for reasons I can't remember now (tried so many images now, memory is a blur) was found to be unsuitable.

Just a quick question. When you did the V3 and V4 upgrade did you have to do anything else?. Reason being the instructions mention "GO TO THE NEXT STEP" after the download is complete and the box is unplugged from computer, but they don't give any clues as to what that next step should be. Just trying to figure out if I did the upgrades correctly and am not missing out on a procedure.

Thanks for all your help.

I just done as per previous post. Next step is flash the box with image of choice, making sure its clone safe & Lonrisun

I thought the "next step" would be to flash with an image, but wasn't sure as the V4 upgrade happens so quickly and with no way to check if it has been done successfully, cast doubt in my mind on the process.

Right, have tried every possible image that should work with V4 and none of them work. They all hang up either when loading or when scanning for channels.

As I have no way of know which version my box is running (has a V2 sticker and have tried multiple times to flash to V4) or whether any update has taken place I was wondering if anyone who has upgraded to V4 and successfully flashed a later image such as Openvix 147 would be willing to assist in doing the same with mine.

Sounds like your box is running v3? When you did the v4 update did you get a line of dots followed by a completed message?

Yes, I got the dots and the completed message. While searching I found another thread where someone who was doing the V4 upgrade got the dots and the completed message even though the upgrade was not successful. That led me to believe that the dots and message appear whenever there is a box attached even though the upgrade has not happened.

As it stands I do believe there to be an issue with the upgrade, the thing is I have no way of knowing if the upgrade was done properly or even which version I currently have as I tried doing V3 then V4 as was recommended. My thinking is I would be better off having someone who has proven kit (RS232 and serial port PC etc) do the upgrade and flash rather than me continuing to scratch my head wondering where I am going wrong.

Is there a specific USB/RS232 adapter I should be using?. I got one off Ebay and while it is configured correctly I don't know if it is allowing full communication with the box.

The update program from what I remember simply scans the serial port for a particular sequence that the box outputs and if it finds that sequence it blasts the update down the port. This is why if you run the update with the box powered off it will simply wait.

Makes perfect sense to me. Blast is the right word word for it to as it happens so quickly it does make you wonder whether anything meaningful has happened at all.

*bump*
I'm having the exact same problem with VUSOLO2 clone lonrison V2. I connected up with an rs232 and thought I'd flashed the version up to V4 but like yourself trancer every image froze on the boot screen.
Did you suss how to find out what version Lonrison your box was on after the flash attempt ?

Back