Linux linux ubuntu 2012 unleashed pdf

Is anyone pushing Linux to the limit? Post - I'd be interested 'cos I'm trying!

I keep booting into it but then decide I want to do a bit of gaming so end up back in windows

Sent from my Xperia X10 using Tapatalk 2

I am in a way, see my other thread - I have a P4 1.8 Ghz PC with 40 GB HDD and 512 Mb RAM running Snort as inline IPS mode to monitor my broadband traffic and so far no problems.

I am running it as a bare install with no GUI and running Ubuntu 10.1. The server has 3 NIC cards

I commented :)

Now I'm out of corporate IT (used to be a Microsoft reseller and Beta tester) I'm moving everything over to Linux. Most of it's all working now but have had to do some serious research to get stuff to work how I want, like blocking connections to Postfix by IP, domain and country of origin. Spamassassin is good but it works AFTER the mail has been received. I wanted clearly useless connections dropped at the SMTP level.

Then there's Apache, MySQL, Bind and DHCP...to say nothing of Samba...

We're getting there!

I am in a way, running a IDPS system (Snort) at home on Ubuntu 9 with an old Compaq desktop 1.2 GHz P4 512 MB RAM, 40 GB HDD, 3 network cards. Snort has a back end mysql database, Barnyard for processing the log files and BASE for front end web GUI

Back