linkskys wireless router and laptop card..

T

thommohawk

bought in error as its adsl and i need one that works through a set top box and not a modem.

as title linkskys router and card for wireless internet and multipul connections to up to 4 other pc,s.

new in box cost 79.99. i want 55 for it that includes postage. bargain for someone get your self wireless internet. a must for laptop owners.

more details and spec below,

Linksys WAG354G + WPC54G Wireless Laptop Bundle
[WAG354G&WPC54G]
BRAND NEW IN ORIGINAL BOX (SEALED) WITH 12MONTHS MANUFACTURER WARRANTY

Linksys WAG354G Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway

The All-In-One Solution internet Connectivity

The Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway is the all-in-one solution for Internet connectivity. The ADSL Modem function gives you a blazing fast connection to the Internet, far faster than a dial-up, and without tying up your phone line.

Connect your computers to the Gateway via the built-in 4-port 10/100 Ethernet Switch to jump start your network. You can share files, printers, hard drive space and other resources. Attach four PCs directly, or connect more hubs and switches to create as big a network as you need. The built-in Wireless-G (802.11g) Access Point allows up to 32 wireless devices to connect to your network at a blazing 54Mbps, without running cables through the building. It's also compatible with Wireless-B (802.11b) devices, at 11Mbps. The Gateway's Router function ties it all together and lets your whole network share that high-speed Internet connection.

To protect your data and privacy, the Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway features an advanced firewall to keep Internet intruders and attackers out. Wireless transmissions can be protected by powerful WPA2 data encryption. Configuration is a snap with any web browser.

With the Linksys Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway at the heart of your network, you're connected to the future.

Features

- ADSL2+ Modem, Internet-sharing Router, 4-Port Switch and Wireless-G Access Point in one box
- High-speed ADSL2+ Modem gives you a fast, "Always On" connection to the Internet
- Connect your home PCs and other wireless devices to the Gateway and the Internet using the built-in Wireless-G Access Point, or connect directly with the 4-port Ethernet Switch
- Advanced Firewall, Content Filtering and Security features protect your PCs, your data, and your family

System Requirements

- PC with a Network Adapter and the TCP/IP protocol installed
- Internet Explorer 5.0 or Netscape Navigator 6 or higher for Web-based configuration
- CD-ROM Drive
- Activated ADSL line and account information

Package Contents

- Linksys WAG354G Wireless-G ADSL Home Gateway
- Power Adapter
- Network Cable
- Phone Cable
- Microfilter
- User Guide on CD-ROM
- Other items may be included

WPC54G Card Adaptor

The WPC54G Wireless-G Notebook Adapter from Linksys has 2 standards built in, so you can connect your notebook to existing 802.11b infrastructure, and also the new screaming fast Wireless-G networks. The included Setup Wizard will walk you through configuring the adapter to your networks settings, step by step. Then just slide it into your notebooks PC Card slot and enjoy network access with your notebook computer, while retaining true mobility.

Once youre connected, you can keep in touch with your e-mail, access the Internet, and share files and other resources such as printers and network storage with other computers on the network, wherever you wander. At home, you can surf the web or use instant messaging to chat with friends while sitting out on the patio with the Linksys WPC54G. Your wireless connection is protected by the new, industrial-strength security of Wireless Protected Access (WPA).

Youll also be able to connect with any of the growing number of public wireless hotspots springing up in coffee shops, airport lounges, hotels and convention centers. And as those hotspots upgrade to the new high-speed Wireless-G standard, you'll be ready to take advantage of the increased speeds.

Get connected to current-standard 802.11b networks today, and be prepared for the future with the WPC54G Wireless-G Notebook Adapter from Linksys.

Features

- Operates in the 2,4GHz frequency spectrum with throughput of up to 54 Mbps
- Complies with IEEE 802.11g standards, and backwards compatible with IEEE 802.11b products
- 32-bit CardBus Interface
- Advanced security features including WEP, AES, TKIP and 802.1x
- Compatible with Windows 98SE, Millennium, 2000 and XP

Note: This product is incompatible with Windows 95 and NT

Cant you take it back to where you bought it?

bought it before xmas and never got round to trying it, now out of time limit to take back and ive no reciept anymore thats why its here, if i could get my full wack back on it i would have done, full price is better than the price im asking.
i should have tryed it when i got it but i didnt as ive lots to do, work xmas etc...., thats my fault and thats why im losing out on it.

even though it was bought before xmas its still new as it hasnt been used it was in its box until a few days ago.

hope that explains why.. wish i could take it back then id get full money...

life sucks sometimes

Back