Life on Benefits........... the Reality

D 8 RCS

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Still Lost and Looking for a Better Place.
Life on Benefits…………. the Reality !!!
This is a true story, not the usual tabloid rhetoric that is popularised.
Please take the time to read it and then view the PowerPoint presentation that this man produced as part of a course JSA sent him on.
“In June I was forced to go on a course by the Jobcentre as I'd been unemployed for six months. I say forced because if I hadn't gone on the course, they would have sanctioned my benefits. The course wasn't as painful, embarrassing, and demeaning as I expected it to be.. A constituent part of the course was that I had to do a presentation. I decided, given the resources and audience that I'd research the true impact of Job Seekers allowance on society. It busted myths and made people feel a lot better about their situation. When questions pop up, ask yourself those questions. Share it, and ask and show others. The presentation makes a compelling case.
I was happy to keep the presentation to myself and put it away having only shown it to the group. That changed though. The myths need busting, and I'll tell you why. Every time I hear about a bedroom tax suicide, I realise as many people as possible need to see this, to debunk myths. Every time I hear about yet another person dying after being found "fit for work" I realise it needs to be seen. We need to be heard, that's why I need people to see it.”
Benjamin

The PowerPoint presentation can be viewed here :: https://skydrive.live.com/view.aspx?resid=867FAB2C68E9AD9D!192&app=PowerPoint

Back