Liam's enigmaX 2xI image feedback thread

S

Speedy2206

Feedback thread for my EnigmaX image (see downloads section).
http://www.world-of-digital.com/forums/showthread.php?p=425488
This is a 2xI but can be converted using JFFS2 ImageWorks.
Image is still working after the NTL/TW system updates!

Important Notes:
This image does NOT use the same file format as neutrino-based images. Therefore your services.xml and bouquets.xml files wont work with this image. There is a converter tool out there somewhere but I havent found it as of yet. This means that you will need to do your own scan.
I have had excellent reports about the speed and accuracy of scans with this image.

To perform your own scan:
1. Press the DBOX button to bring up the main menu.
2. Press 6, or scroll left until you find the "setup" icon and press OK.
3. Press 2, or scroll to "Service Searching" and press OK.
4. Press 1, or scroll to "Automatic Transponder Scan" and press OK.
5. Choose your provider with the up/down buttons and press OK.
The scan will then start.

To organize your bouquets:
Press DBOX, 6, 1 ... and then arrange as necessary.
OR download a piece of software called "Bouquetter" from www.bouquetter.de, which is excellent.

Apparently this image is rock solid and hadnt crashed or froze within a 48 hour period so seems pretty stable to me.

I've also had good reports about the webinterface.

When first using the image, allow 30 seconds for a key update to take place, in order to view encrypted channels.

Right thats it, let me know what you think and especially tell me if you find any bugs (no matter how small), as the image was not 100% fully tested.

Liam.

just installed it worked fine did a scan found all channels ..
but now it says "Unkown Service" and shows no channel or EPG
Nokia dbox2 2xI

cooltool could you try using the webinterface and tell me if you can change to the channels using that?
it might be necessary to manually add the channels to your bouquet.... using the instructions i posted above.

i'll work on it.

liamcrayden said:
cooltool could you try using the webinterface and tell me if you can change to the channels using that?
it might be necessary to manually add the channels to your bouquet.... using the instructions i posted above.

i'll work on it.
ok will try that in a bit .. need to do some work today .. been waaay to long on this forum today :(
but image looks good! i like the icon selection list. good work!

Liam, you little star, you. :) Just last night I was thinking I would like to have a go at an Enigma image, just to try something new before making the switch to Dreambox, so your timing couldn't have been better. Going to put it through its paces and see what it's like. The menus look quite cool.

@senor ding dong
I was thinking the same as you! Trying out an enigma image before making the switch :) Cheers.

To everyone:

It seems that the default behaviour of enigma is to NOT automatically put the channels into a bouquet after scanning. Enigma assumes that you will do this yourself.

The way to do it is to install Bouquetter from www.bouquetter.de and import your services and bouquets FROM THE BOX (not from a file). Then edit them as you wish and export them back to your box again. Sorted :)

Also, if you install Bouquetter and open your NEUTRINO services.xml and bouquets.xml FROM A FILE, then you can SAVE them in the enigma format - when saving, choose the "save as..." option, and choose "enigma" from the file type drop down list. Then upload to your box

(Enigma service files go in /var/tuxbox/config/enigma).

It isnt as long and complicated as it sounds but give it a go. I can willing to convert people service files for them if they send them to me; just to get them up and running with this image.

Also, if you cant be bothered with all this bouquet stuff, then you can also easily switch channels from the webinterface :)

Liam.

Some people have been asked me how to do the bruteforce scan with this image. If you have a look at the thread where the download is then I have put the bruteforce files there along with instructions on where to put them with this new and weird image :)

Liam.

First impressions: Loving the menus. It took only a few minutes to set up network and other essentials. Scanning took around 10 minutes and appeared to find all channels. Another 5-10 minutes with Bouqetter, and the channels were organised into categories. Nice... even though Bouqetter is very German. :)

The webinterface is great.

Having a few problems getting the mount to work, but I'm confident I will get there. I'm going to leave it on one of the known unstable channels for the rest of the evening to see how it gets on.

Im particularly interested in how the mounts/recording/streaming etc function. as those features havent been particularly tested.

Nice to see feedback like that :) Bouquetter is multilingual and you can choose "english" as the language lol, its on the "einstellung" menu on the main interface ;)

Liam.

Odd, my Einstellungen only has German and Norweigan. Never mind, I get by with German, but others might find it a pain if their also don't have the English option.

My only gripe with this image so far is that there doesn't seem to be a Movie Player/VLC function for XVID/DIVX playback, which is one of the features I used most with Sportster.

As for recording, it seems to work much the same as on Sportster, and there is also an option to use Ngrab (similar to DboxWinServer) as an alternative to the mount, but I do want to try and get the mount working. Not sure how playback of TS files will work with no sign of a Movie Player, but there appears to be options for it through the webinterface, so I will experiement some more. New images are soooo exciting. :)

mmm...enigma...marvellous...now that brings back memories of the old days. have grabbed it but moving house imminently so i'll get playing with it when i'm settled. many thanks :)

keep up the great work

Im pretty sure theres a plugin/addon that you have to put in the image to get the Movie Player/VLC working.

Then again, if you can get a mount working I'm guessing that you might be able to use 'File Mode' to play the video? Just a thought.

Hi Liam i am very keen to try this new image but how do i convert my services with bouquetter its in german do you have a guide mate :Cheers: Griz

If you look in the downloads section (search button), I done an english translation for this software when I first started out with the DBOX :)

Download the file, instructions are included.
Then you can use the software as normal.

Liam.

:Cheers: Liam your a star!!!!!!!

hi all add this file to C:\Program Files\Bouquetter\lang and overwrite it

i have been on it for a while translated 90 percent into english

enjoy

Well, firstly and most importantly, this image is very stable, brute froce scan is order of the day as it only takes 15 minutes, i am also interested in playing divx on it, so lets get the interior image designers in and snazz this up a bit, GREAT work Liam.

Is anyone experiencing these problems.???.....certain channels including all of the bbc channels seem to appear on the screen in full screen then switch to a letterboxed mode, i have all my equipment attached to a sony tv but have not had this problem before

loady said:
Well, firstly and most importantly, this image is very stable, brute froce scan is order of the day as it only takes 15 minutes, i am also interested in playing divx on it, so lets get the interior image designers in and snazz this up a bit, GREAT work Liam.
Is anyone experiencing these problems.???.....certain channels including all of the bbc channels seem to appear on the screen in full screen then switch to a letterboxed mode, i have all my equipment attached to a sony tv but have not had this problem before
You need to change the display settings. They're set to 4:3 by default, and with 16:9 material will switch to letterbox. If your set is a 4:3 set, it should be 4:3 Pan-Scan to avoid letterboxing.

Have to agree with you on stability, btw. I usually get crashes on Eurosport every 20-30 minutes or so, and it's been going for hours now.

Hi loady,

Just to say that you were a big help during all the first testing and bug finding and you are one of the main reasons that this image now actually works (to some extent anyway!) :D

Have you tried changing going into Setup-->System Setup-->A/V Settings and changing some stuff around in that menu? Might help with the letterboxing.

Liam.

Back