letter about trees

allroad

Inactive User
Reaction score
my mum is moving soon to a new house but the back garden has fecking trees over growing into it from a care home on the other side of the fence anyone know of a good default letter to the owners to have these trees cut back

it needs to be strong but nice in the first instance

Hi m8,

I don't know of a default letter on this subject, but why don't you write a letter yourself explaining the situation and that if they don't respond you will take action into your own hands by pruning the trees yourself and any branches you cut your going to throw it back in there garden becuase its there trees. you have a right to do that.

allroad said:
it needs to be strong but nice in the first instance

This might help ?

"I must say what a great looking care home you have, with such friendly and helpful staff, and I hope that if I ever need to reside in such an establishment, it reflects the standards set by yours.
Unfortunatly though, if you don't cut back the feckin trees so they don't overhang your neighbours gardens, it might get burnt down"

You can cut them back from your mums. If they overhang your property you have the right to cut them back.

Technomo said:
This might help ?

"I must say what a great looking care home you have, with such friendly and helpful staff, and I hope that if I ever need to reside in such an establishment, it reflects the standards set by yours.
Unfortunatly though, if you don't cut back the feckin trees so they don't overhang your neighbours gardens, it might get burnt down"

lmfao

i like it

earwig999 said:
You can cut them back from your mums. If they overhang your property you have the right to cut them back.

But as tlogic says, you must return the cut branches to them.
A polite letter, explaining the situation and inviting them to sort the problem out first, would be the way to go.

HOW ABOUT TRYING THIS M8! i'M USUALLY QUITE GOOD AT LETTERS......

Dear Sir/Madam.
We have recently moved into the property next to your home and have noticed that the trees which border your land are actually encroaching quite some way into our property causing a reduction in light, loss of space and leaf drop into the garden which requires quite a bit of effort to keep clear.

As we are new to the area and wish to get off to a good start with all our neighbours, I am writing to you, to ask whether you will take cognisance of this problem and assist us by having the trees pruned back on the border between our two properties?

I know I have the right to do it myself, but in doing so this may destroy the aesthetic look of the trees, which you may be unhappy with, therefore it would be better if you arranged for a proper pruning to keep the border looking smart.

As I say, I wish to get on with all my neighbours and would be obliged if you could sort this matter out without the need for recourse to any other avenues in order to sort out this which is something that does cause us some concerns.

Thankyou for any assistance you can provide in dealing with this matter and I look forward to a long and fruitful association with you, as a neighbouring property.

Yours sincerely

etc.

What do you think m8?

Last edited:
Tallywadger said:

Dear Sir/Madam.
We have recently moved into the property next to your home and have noticed that the trees which border your land are actually encroaching quite some way into our property causing a reduction in light, loss of space and leaf drop into the garden which requires quite a bit of effort to keep clear.

As we are new to the area and wish to get off to a good start with all our neighbours, I am writing to you, to ask whether you will take cognisance of this problem and assist us by having the trees pruned back on the border between our two properties?

I know I have the right to do it myself, but in doing so this may destroy the aesthetic look of the trees, which you may be unhappy with, therefore it would be better if you arranged for a proper pruning to keep the border looking smart.

As I say, I wish to get on with all my neighbours and would be obliged if you could sort this matter out without the need for recourse to any other avenues in order to sort out this which is something that does cause us some concerns.

Thankyou for any assistance you can provide in dealing with this matter and I look forward to a long and fruitful association with you, as a neighbouring property.

Yours sincerely

etc.

What do you think m8?

first class thank you to all

Tallywadger said:

Dear Sir/Madam.

Yours sincerely

etc.

What do you think m8?

fecking brilliant m8, This mite have to be a default letter!:)

How's about finding out if the care home has a gardener. If he's a friendly chap he might do it without letters 'n' stuff. Me dad used to be one and if you mentioned something like that to him he'd have cut the fecker down in jig time. Never did like trees, me dad!

Tallywadger said:

Dear Sir/Madam.

Yours sincerely

etc.

What do you think m8?

such i nice letter i think i will cut my trees back ...........lmao

Back