Learn to crack proggies

Spectre

Administrator
Staff member
Jnr Admin
Reaction score
You know the sort of stuff, 15 days to register, nag screens etc.

Removal of these annoyances seems to be a little discussed subject, maybe due to lack of clear tuts. I have found this one and it's intended for newbies and requires no proggin knowledge ;)

[DLMURL="http://www.hnc3k.com/Tha%20complete%20C.R.A.C.K.I.N.G%20G.U.I.D.E%20for%20newbiez.rar"]Newbie tut[/DLMURL]

It does assume you have a few basic hacker tools a Windoze decompiler called W32Dasm and HIEW (Hacker vIEW), I used ver 6.40.

They seem to work in XP :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys - looks like an interesting subject, this will probably keep me busy for a while.

Pete

Yeah m8!
Some nice toots & exercises there. Even I , sort of understood how it works during my first readthrough (there is hope for us all :D: ).

Just hope I get the time and inclination, to give it a bash. And with some other newer stuff sometime.

Very interesting m8.
Cheers
:) :)

Also recommends SoftICE .... have tried this and does not appear to like XP although there is a version out that apparently does work in XP ... but have you seen the price.

Any idea for degger etc that will allow breakpoints and more.

Reason I ask is that prog i am viewing am not able to put breakpoint in using W32Dasm ... why I do not know so looking for something else.

Yeah, I found that SoftICE doesn't work in XP too :(

There is a prog called Winhex, I have been experimenting with it on other things but do you have a copy Digiperson ? You sound the sort that would find it interseting...:D:

WinHex 10.54 for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP
Shareware. Freely distributable.
Languages: English, German, French, Spanish,
Portuguese, Italian

Hexadecimal editor for files, disks & RAM
with a lot of features.
Easy to use, minimal system requirements.

License for private use: EUR 35.90/US$ 37
Copyright 1995-2002 Stefan Fleischmann
Marketed by X-Ways Software Technology AG
[email protected]
http://www.winhex.com

I don't know a lot about it but it seems a professional tool and may be useful for....errr...things :)

Spectre, WinHex not much use as far as I can tell.

Seems unable to set break points and doesn't show the asm code either (unless I am doing something wrong)

I'd only had a quick play with it seems to have many other uses, there must be a program, maybe one written for NT will work :confused:

Thanks Monkey, but already been there .... and no good.

Also limits you how much you can download in one go (think it allowed me 5 or 7 downloads and then said haven't you downloaded enough ... which is not if a prog is 10 or 11 files)

De******s, assemblers, hex editors, installing software etc.

here

:D: :D: :D:

you wont find a prog like softice for anythink with out standed dos on only win95 win98 have this :( trust me i tryed to find one for me i looked everywhere and until i was told it was impossible :(
but im installing 98 soon so fingers crossed.

PS:it cant be that hard cause i cracked all the serial/timetrial progs in that pake :)
but i cant do the name/serial ones with xp.

Pss: im really getting into this :) well done Spectre for bringing it up ;)

Back