LCD used as a monitor?

bill-5

Inactive User
Reaction score
I’m dumping an old monitor and looking to replace it with a medium size integrated LCD TV that will hook up to my old PC any thoughts on suitable hardware and connections, I’m guessing I’ll need to use a scart rather than the standard PC connection that’s in use at the moment? Bill :Cheers:

ojola

Inactive User
Reaction score
Depending on what you buy you will find a wide array of connectors on todays LCD TV/monitor. It is not uncommon to find, Analog (15-pin D-Sub) / Digital (DVI-D) with HDCP, S-Video.

A lot of this will also depend on how much you are willing to spend.

Have you ever given Plasma a thought if you have the Space. They are good value for money these days and they give a great performance too.

bill-5

Inactive User
Reaction score
thanks ojola

Thanks ojola, I’m going to buy this; Panasonic TH-42PX600CAB 42 Inch HD Ready Plasma TV with Stand - TH-42PX600CAB; for main viewing. A smaller LCD or plasma is for an office area for the kids to use the house PC and switch to TV, I would like a one about 24-28 inches around £300. Hopefully with simple connections.

bill-5

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hopefully with simple connections and easy switch over to TV for kids to operate.

ojola

Inactive User
Reaction score
you can't miss it with the TH-42PX600CAB, i have an older TH37PW5 which i use as a monito, a tv and game monitor in my study area. simple enough to operate. minimal buttons and a simple unluttered remote control are strengths of the PANASONIC brand + of course performance.

TEST