Laguna II 1.9 gear selection problem feels loose (PK6)

quick_silver

Member ++
Reaction score
hope som1 can help my laguna gearbox gave up at the lights gear stick feel very loose 1st 2rd very loose can just move the stick all the way across from 1-5th just about move the stick any where but it feels like i'm taking off in 3rd . Not tested them all
i think the gearbox is fine as there was NO grinding , crunching or wining before hand i don’t think its dropped a selector rod due to limited gear selection
Reading around it may be the gear selector cable or broken pin in gear stick mechanics i can see some movement when moving the gear stick at the gearbox conector end.
Is this a common fault and does sound plausible with the symptoms I’m having ?
How would i go about very verifying the fault to make sure its not the gearbox itsself

i would try and check the rod on the gear selector first of all m8. it only takes for it to move a slight bit and it plays hell with your gears

you need to check the gear linkage working from ya selector down to the box

you can flick the gearbox into gear manually

like he said,
check the linkage isnt loose.
a friend of mine found himself driving across london in second once because it came apart as he was pulling from a set of lights.

i know lagunas have weakness in the drive plate - once that goes u lose all power

well 4 hours of tracking and dismanteling looks like a linkage pin at the gearbox end bet i have 2 order it in ... will find out 2 morrow thanks for your help guys will let you know if i get it going.

All sorted broken split pin on gearbox selection cable

Last edited:
it is usually a rubber link between the link on the gearbox and actual linkage - remember it might be xpensive as reno might want u to buy the whole linkage

Back