Kryptview ppv

dobby

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

I just got my Kryptview form TMC. It's my first non-ntl box. I got it up and working (somebody else who shall remain unnamed did most of the work) but someone else has told me that you can pick up PPV streams with these boxes, I can't see how myself. I did a bit of searching around and reading and found nothing about this so i think I may be beiing fed b/s. Anyone else heard of this??

Thanks,

Dobby

-------------Edit---------------------------------------------

Just found this post which seems to explain all -

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/155289/

Thanks Guys

Last edited by a moderator:
You can do it mate by adding in the vod transponders manually if you know them but the question is do you really want to watch tv controlled by others.

You need a way of aquiring or capturing the NIT data so that you get to know all the frequencies used in your area.

One possibility, if you also have a Sammy box (2110, dunno about 2100) would be to go into the engineering menu and do a frequency scan - this should list all the used frequencies. This gives you the frequencies but doesn't rally give you a hint of what on them though.

If you get a proper NIT data scan then you can usually see which frequencies contain the VOD streams.

Because VOD is routed and will only occur when someone in your vicinity orders an event its not really worth the hassle. You never know what is going to get ordered or when it will be ordered. Just checking at random intervals will rarely be satisfactory as your more than likely to start viewing in the middle of an event.

I got to find out the transponders for my area through my Eurovox. The Powerscan option on the box lists all active transponders on the VM network and will list the Vod transponders regardless of whether there is any event being transmitting or not at the time of the scan whereas the Kryptview misses them out when scanning. There are 4 transponders altogether in my area that transmit these events.

Edit: The best bit is if you find the transponders and add them in your box will pick up the events automatically once you have the box in standby mode as it does a powerscan. If your box has been on standby for a while all you need to do is go to the end of your channels and look through the unnumbered channels and press info when on a channel in the menu will give you the transponder info then you will know if its an vod event.

Last edited:
Back