Kieran Richardson has signed for Sunderland

Dutcho

VIP POOF
VIP Member
Reaction score
Kieran Richardson has signed for Sunderland from Manchester United for an undisclosed fee.

The England international, 22, has inked a four-year deal at the Stadium of Light and could make his debut in Wednesday's friendly at Darlington.

Richardson, a one-time team-mate of Roy Keane, joins the Black Cats after five years at Old Trafford.

Keane said: "I'm delighted that we've been able to bring Kieran to Sunderland.

"Having worked with him in the past I'm well aware of what a good player and a good lad he is. He's ready for a fresh challenge and hopefully sunderland will provide that for him."

Richardson added: "It's an exciting move for me. I know all about Roy Keane and I'm looking forward to playing for his team. He told me all about his big plans for the club and I wanted to be part of it.

"Sunderland is a big club and it's a great move for me. I can't wait to get going."

Richardson is Keane's fourth summer signing after Greg Halford, Russell Anderson and Michael Chopra.

The London-born player, capped eight times by England, made 81 appearances for United after joining the club as a trainee.

He scored twice on his England debut in May 2005 as Sven-Goran Eriksson's side beat the USA 2-1 in an end-of-season friendly.

Richardson spent four months on loan at West Brom in the 2004-05 campaign, helping Bryan Robson's side escape the drop in dramatic circumstances on the last day of the season..

The winger played for England in the European Under-21 Championships this summer.

A good buy imo :)

i think he will be one of the only players that leaves man utd and gets a better name for himself as he did at man utd, not many players go on to do better than they did at man utd.

his place has never been guaranteed at man utd.

personally i think he was just average at man u but could shine while playing for sunderland

Yes I agree, he'll got more playing time at Sunderland which could improve his chances for international games.

aint that weird...?....

keano signing one of the Man U players he was slagging off for not being good enough to play for Man U when keano used to play for them............

now he's gone and signed him...............

Keane's arrival at sunderland has proved that he has the potential to be as good as world-class managers such as Alex Fergie, Fabio Capello and many more. Wish him good luck!

Richardson has unbelievable potential and i think with regular games he will flourish also look at Downing of Boro he would cost £11 million and i think Richardson is better then him i wish him well and genuinely believe he will go on and become an excellent player.

Richardson was just an average player in my eyes who had been over hyped cos he was at man utd. If he was a good as people think he would be going to a top 4 club.
Just shows the home grown talent at utd never leave for a big club.

nicky butt leaves, can't get into newcastle ends up at Birmingham
Phil donkey neville goes to Everton.

Alex said at one stage years ago these players could walk into any team. That might be the case but it's only to serve out the half time oranges

Richardson was just an average player in my eyes who had been over hyped cos he was at man utd. If he was a good as people think he would be going to a top 4 club.
Just shows the home grown talent at utd never leave for a big club.

nicky butt leaves, can't get into newcastle ends up at Birmingham
Phil donkey neville goes to Everton.

Alex said at one stage years ago these players could walk into any team. That might be the case but it's only to serve out the half time oranges

Well we were very successful when we had Phil Neville and Nicky Butt both are good players mate just because they ain't household names doesn't make them bad players. Both performed pretty well for United. As a matter of fact Butt is BACK IN TOON AND PLAYED WELL FOR THEM!!!

Just shows the lack of knowledge some have.

As for Richardson he is a good player but wasn't United quality.

Back