Jupiter using a webcam

Oily

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
This is my very first picture using my astro gear that I've been 'collecting' over the past few months,a 200P 8" scope on a motorised EQ5 mount,webcam is a Philips SPC900.I've been waiting for the clouds to disperse and finally got chance to have a go last night,took a few 90sec videos then processed them through Registax 6 and came out with this,you can just make out the 4 moons too:
Capture31_03_201323_09_36_zpsee257a58.jpg

Next step is to use my Canon 350D and take some shots of some nebulae !

I wish I had waited and bought a better scope but space to store a big scope is very limited in fact non existant every spare inch of my 1 bed bungalow is packed with equipment for different hobbies I am a pack rat I dont throw anything away because i know when I do I will need it the next day

I'm the same,never throw anything away 'incase i need it later on' lol

Another one taken last night but with the magnification up by x2.Seeing conditions weren't great hence the 'fuzzy' picture

Attachments

• Capture 06_04_2013 22_37_00.jpg
    Capture 06_04_2013 22_37_00.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 16
Nice pic mate.

I havent been out too much recently with my scope but I got an image of Jupiter and Saturn last year with my equipment.

Skywatcher 130p GoTo, 2x barlow and a Philips SPC880/900 webcam and run through registax pretty much like you have.

saturn.png

jupiter.png

Those are great Daz!! Just waiting for Saturn to clear a few obstacles near me and I'll have a go at that

Back