jungle flasher and hitachi 79 drive

digidude

Sheep worrier.
VIP Member
Reaction score
io cant get the readme to load, keep getting an I/O error

could someone post a simple how to on how to do a hitachi 70 drive with this please, ive got it connected and recognised

tia

have you read this guide m8?

oops!!!! attached sheep sharers weekly.

proper one attached now LOL

page 43 onwards.

had to click on win api instead of port i0 ... have u tried that ....that was a 47 tho

Last edited:
Details of error Digi?

it loads about 287k of 6.8M then hangs, an error window comes up, something about an I/O error and the computer crashes

this is while trying to download the guide from the jungle flasher splash screen, not with running the programme itself

i use firefox if thats any help

ive got that guide from highlander ;)

what im seeing on the screen aint as in the guide though, looks like the guide is for a differend revision of drive

this one is telling me its already in modeB, even though ive done nothing yet, ive got no option for win or I/O and its not listed in the drives menu at all :(

ok, after reading a few pages past as far as im getting, i find that i have an additional step, and it says 'The Hitachi v79 requires ‘unlocking’ via Audio CDwhich can be downloaded here' can anyone tell me where HERE is lol, as the link in the pdf aint working

fkin whole lots gonna go out the window now lol

this is what im getting

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
JungleFlasher 0.0.43 Beta

Session Started Fri Mar 13 21:37:10 2009

Found 10 I/O Ports.
Found 2 Com Ports.
Found 5 windows drives.
Found 2 CD/DVD drives.

Sending Mode-B to I/O port 0xA000

Drive, answers normal Windows Inquiry 12 0 0 0 24 0
0000: 05 80 00 32 5B 00 00 00 - 48 4C 2D 44 54 2D 53 54 ...2[...HL-DT-ST
0010: 44 56 44 2D 52 4F 4D 20 - 47 44 52 33 31 32 30 4C DVD-ROM GDR3120L
0020: 30 30 37 39 0079

Mode-B Done!
Playing 79Unlock Audio CD
Failed to Play 79Unlock Audio CD

ive burned the disc 3 times, it plays a little jingly bit once its verified, but the xbox just spits it back out

043?

Lol

v151 is the latest, also, read textbooks tutorial on tricking the drive shut.

043?

Lol

v151 is the latest, also, read textbooks tutorial on tricking the drive shut.

groan.......

ok, everyone point and laugh at the newbie lol

cmon then peeps, give us some links on how to get it done please ;)

EDIT: got 151 from autoxbins ;)

ill try again lol

Last edited:
once i had 151, all was smooth

only been 2 hours with the old software lol

cheers for all the help :)

thats a benq, and a hitachi, now for my boys liteon lol

hmmm quick question....

I'm about to order a connectivity kit plus prob to mod my most recent replacement box, a liteon.

I used to flash boxes (up till and including the Hitachi 78) on an old spare pc which I had a via6421 pci card on it....my main pc at the time was a SIL sata card which wasnt meant to be that great.

I'm not sure what my current main computer runs (device manager only reports the sata as a 3rd IDE channel on this pc)....but I'm just wondering....since these new versions of JF etc are pretty much all sata controllers supported? Including for the early models like samsung ms28 and suchlike, or is it that the via is still the best for them drives....just a bit buggy for the liteon to make life more difficult for us :)

All that can be said, is, JungleFlasher is still beta.

Back