Jtag Creation for SB5100 Tutorial

M4_007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Quote from someone emailing me, because I had posted a Jtag Tutorial :

I just noticed your posts on world of digital. I'm rather disappointed. We all want to rip of the cable company because of their rising rates, of course. But to rip off the guys who make it possible to rip off the cable company? Think about that. That's biting the hand that feeds you.

Fibercoax is out of the game. Sure, they claim they will return, but I wouldn't be a single dollar on it. Its because they don't have funding. Even programmers have bills to pay. So I support TCNiSO. People may be against paying TCNiSO, but the difference is, the free sites go down, they can't spend the money necessary to keep developing bleeding edge software that can stay ahead of the cable companies. They can't afford to spend money to cover themselves legally to be able to stay online and be there for us. They can't afford to make a new docsis compatible firmware that will circumvent cable modem certificate enforcing by the ISP using docsis 1.1 and 2.0, which the ISPs are all moving to in order to stop us.

Think of this from the perspective of videotron. Who would videotron hate? TCNiSO of course. What would videotron love to see more than anything? TCNiSO throwing in the towel and going out of business due to not being as well funded as the technologists who develop security against us. I know, I used to work for Cable Labs, developing security measures to stop uncappers. There are hundreds of people working against us for every one person working for you at TCNiSO.

But then some idiots come along, pirate the software and show alternatives to buying cables here. Yeah, you win, you save some money. Then when Docsis 3.0 comes around, we can all start paying videotron over $50 for slower internet access because YOU saved yourself and several other people money, and made the cable modem mod scene "not worth it" to the programmers anymore. Thanks a bunch.

I support something I'm enthusiastic about. TCNiSO is the only group that took it upon themselves to take on docsis 1.1 and 2.0. The ONLY people to step up to the plate. Sure you may not need their cable, you can wire one yourself. But what about sigma? Did you bother to write your own firmware from scratch, or did you steal someone else's work? Do you think someone snapped their fingers and sigma suddenly appeared, or do you think there was a lot of work and many months of programming going into it? Do you have ANY idea how difficult it is to write such a firmware? Obviously, you don't. And since its not as easy as snapping fingers, and because even programmers have rent and bills to pay, I'm sure they'd rather get paid working for some corporation programming, making money to pay bills, rather than working for YOU for FREE and being evicted.

I also have to pity people who use your schematic. TCNiSO knows there's a simple way to directly wire a JTAG to a parallel port. Why don't they cut corners like that? Because such schematics, in many cases, can lightly (undetectibly) damage a parallel port. Its a very STUPID and idiotic thing to ever wire something without a buffer chip and with resistors. You would have to be retarded to do that. Any 1st year electronics tech would know better. I certainly hope anyone who builds their own cable doesn't follow your method, and spends the money on cheap resistors and buffer chip, even if they don't buy from TCNiSO. Its just wrong to do something that may have irreversibly and undetectibly damaged someone's computer. Thats why TCNiSO would never cut corners and make such a cheap cable.

So you go ahead and use your "free" stolen blackcat software, your homemade cable, and your "free" stolen firmware. Even help others get it "free". But I say "free" in quotes, because its "free" to you for now, later we all (including you) will pay for it when TCNiSO decides not to make anymore firmware, and all the ISPs rejoice that they are one easy CMTS firmware upgrade away from locking out uncappers forever.

People like you always destroy the mod scene. Way to go, you really help videotron by fighting against videotron's enemies.

*I removed the Tutorial for these reasons.
*Videotron is a Canadian ISP

Last edited:
Back