Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

john leslie-sex charges dropped

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Sex charges against television presenter John Leslie have been dropped after his alleged victim approached police with "new information".The 38-year-old former host of ITV's This Morning was told the news at London's Southwark Crown Court.
The prosecution offered no evidence against Mr Leslie, saying it had "come into possession of further material that has led to the charges against the defendant being reviewed.
"The prosecution gladly acknowledges that he will leave this court without a stain on his character from this investigation," a Crown Prosecution Service lawyer told the court.
Mr Leslie, who has always maintained his innocence, had been accused of assaulting the same woman twice between May 25 and May 28, 1997.
He was accompanied in court by his girlfriend Abby Titmuss and his parents.
Outside the courthouse Mr Leslie shrugged and said: "What can I say?
"I am an innocent man. I have maintained my innocence throughout and today it's been justified.
"In the last 10 months my family and I have been taken to hell and back, although we always believed that justice would prevail and the truth would out.
Choking back tears, he went on: "I would not be able to be here if it wasn't for my mum and dad, my family, my girlfriend and my friends, who to a man stood by me, and the general public for their letters, cards and kind words."
When asked if he would get his old job back he said: "Who knows. You tell me.
But This Morning later said: "Our position has not changed. We asked John to tell us what he was planning to do about the allegations - and received no response.
"It was impossible for him to continue and we had no choice but to establish a new presenting team.
"We have no plans to change that team now."
The publicist Max Clifford told Sky News: "The reality is that John Leslie's reputation with the public has been badly damaged and his career all but destroyed.
"He now needs as much support from the media as he can get to win over the public
275x175_leslie_cleared.jpg

i was thinking more of the lawyers...all the law suits to follow .... and channel 5 must be having kittens at the moment as it was them that put his name out lets see if mr wright gets sacked over this now ...since lessley has been cleared

Leslie considering £1m chat show offer

John Leslie is considering a £1 million television deal to front his own prime-time talk show.

The 38-year-old presenter, who was today cleared of sex assault charges, is said to be "very excited" by the offer.

A spokesman for the presenter said: "Sky One have offered him his own one-hour talk show, aired five days a week, and starting in October.

"He's absolutely delighted with it and although he has been made a number of offers from other TV channels and production companies, this is obviously a very significant offer."

He said that Sky had approached Leslie a couple of months ago to discuss the possibilities - despite the uncertainty over his future and the damage done to his career.

"This hasn't materialised today," the spokesman added. "It's something they have been considering for months. It would move John from day-time television to prime-time."

A Sky spokesman said: "Sky One can confirm that it is in talks with John Leslie regarding two potential television programmes but as yet no deal has been agreed."

No Sky One offer for Leslie

Sky has denied reports that it has offered John Leslie a £1 million deal to front his own talkshow on the flagship Sky One channel.
"Sky One has no plans to employ John Leslie," said a statement from the network today. A spokesman added that it had held talks with Leslie "regarding two potential programmes" but that no offer had been made.
A friend of Leslie's told Ananova that plans were definitely on the cards until very recently. "The show was being pitched by Central television after Sky confirmed their interest in it," said the friend.
"This was quite a long way down the line although it was not at the contractual stage. Why they have now decided that they are not going to employ him, who knows. It's a mystery to us."

I reckon the bbc should organize a boxin match beetween him and ulrika,think of the ratings there.and also chuck that bloke in the ring of chanel 5 who said his name on air.

Back