Joey Barton 'sorry' for Pedersen punch

dont do it it"ll hurt

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Banned Joey Barton 'sorry' for Pedersen punch

Newcastle's Joey Barton has accepted a violent conduct charge after punching Morten Gamst Pedersen at St James' Park and apologised to the Blackburn player.
Midfielder Barton, 28, will be banned for the Premier League games against Fulham, Bolton and Chelsea.
"I would like to apologise to [Magpies boss] Chris Hughton, my team-mates, our fans and of course to Morten Gamst Pedersen and Blackburn," Barton said.
The Football Association acted after referee Mike Jones missed the incident.
However, the official subsequently assessed video replays, in which Barton appeared to strike Norwegian Pedersen in the midriff, to decide if the offence would have warranted a red card if he had seen it.

"I fully accept that I was in the wrong on this occasion and accept the charge that the Football Association have brought against me," Barton added.
"I hold my hands up, I reacted badly to the situation on Wednesday night and I deeply regret it.
"I have been working very hard to keep that side of my game under control and I think it has showed in the way I have been able to get on and enjoy my football this season.
"I look forward to trying to get back into the team once my suspension is over and helping the club maintain its good start to the season."
Barton will be available for selection to Newcastle manager Chris Hughton for his side's trip to West Brom on 5 December.
At full-time in Newcastle's 2-1 defeat at St James' Park, Hughton, Blackburn counterpart Sam Allardyce and Pedersen would not be drawn on the incident.

Hughton frustrated by media treatment of midfielder Barton

But on Thursday, after viewing television footage, Hughton warned that Barton's controversial reputation would heighten attention on the case.
"I have seen it again and I am aware that he has raised his hands," he stated.
"But I am also very conscious that because it's Joey Barton, there will be far more made of it than any other individual."
Also speaking on Thursday, Blackburn assistant boss Neil McDonald agreed with the suggestion that it was a "full-bloodied punch".
"It was unprovoked as well, which probably makes it worse," McDonald added.
Barton, who has won one cap for England, has been involved in several high-profile incidents, including an assault on French midfielder Ousmane Dabo when both players were at Manchester City.
Barton was jailed for six months in 2008 after admitting common assault in a separate case.
He has played an important part in the Newcastle's rise to fifth in the table, featuring in every minute of the newly-promoted side's top-flight campaign.
Defeat at home to Blackburn ended a run of three consecutive league wins for the Magpies.
Pedersen had given Rovers the lead after only three minutes, and although Andy Caroll levelled for the hosts, Jason Roberts hit an 82nd minute winner as the visitors ended Newcastle's run of three consecutive league wins.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/newcastle_united/9181426.stm

from bbc news
fooking idiot should be banned from football for good the mindless idiot

Last edited:
The blokes a knob, even the MOTD commentators thought it was funny when Wolves Karl Henry kicked him up in the air for most of the match.

A 3 match bans not enough for this idiot, it should be at least 10.If i was Pederson i'd make a complaint to the police,there's enough video evidence for assault!!!

Watch when the ref calls him back and he gestures that he pushed pedersen. What a complete cock, should be banned from football for a few months. He is just a chav with a big wallet. Its a pity that idiots like these are the role models of tomorrow for the children of today.

I know some footballers get an unfair reputation based on one or two unsavoury misdemeanors but I think there's an exception in Joey Barton's case, too many times this guy has been in bother for assault and correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it assault that he got months in nick for ?

The guy tries because his work demands it simple as, but the man has no class and he's little more than a violent thug who's somewhat talented as a footballer, but he's a volatile and vicious little git as well. Actions speak louder than words and the message couldn't be clearer in Barton's case. In his case it's like a $2 slut trying to be a proper lady it's like you can say and think what you want but it ain't happening cos you'll be on your knees by 3pm.

Ridiculous!

will he never learn,

with the amount of cameras now your never going to get away with this kind of stuff.

He should be charged with assault and jailed, he's just a thug.

Back