ITV1HD Full Channel from April

About time... Are they still planning to charge for ITV channels?

Simulcast too & from that link it seems like some decent shows will be coming soon too.

ITV1 HD will be available as a standalone channel (channel 119 – no red button) from 2nd April 2010. The channel which will be a simulcast of ITV1 will also be available on Sky and Virgin Media.

The ITV1 schedule will be simulcast on the new channel, with the majority of peak time content available in ‘native’ HD, including all live football, and an increasing range of drama, factual and entertainment programming. Other ITV1 content including GMTV and the daytime schedule, will be ‘upscaled’ – giving viewers a better than ever experience of the nation’s most popular commercial channel.

Peter Fincham, ITV Director of Television, Channels and Online, said:

The availability of high definition content is something viewers have come to expect as standard and, as we approach the 2010 World Cup, I’m delighted that we are able to launch our new channel, ITV1 HD, on all major platforms.

All of our output will benefit from the stunning picture quality that high definition offers, whether it’s ITV’s original drama, landmark factual shows, entertainment events or our live football.

about time they dedicated it.....but sometimes i find issues with the picture or sound, hopefully they will have sorted it by the time it becomes a fully fledged channel

They seem to have started simulcast already, not sure how long its been on for or if it'll be turned off but at the moment they are showing the same programs that are on ITV 1.

on channel 119 on freesat box ? I just done a scan and it hasn't picked it up yet

are we going to recive the channel in scotland
as stv didnt sing up last year thats when we stoped getting the bill and some other progs

Channel name as been changed to itv1 HD now.
Image taken thorugh dreambox interface so not the best quality.

Last edited:
this is now broadcasting in Non Freesat Mode after a new scan
channel showing as 1000 and 1001 Non Freesat Mode

Not quite sure whats happening,scan and pick ITV hd with brilliant reception. Technomate 7100 then the next it's gone. Re-scan and can't find it.any idea's would be much appreciated.

still dont have on freesat hd tv sony or even on sky hd latest software probably as we live in scotland we aint gonna get it yet until stv get there act together its a bit of a bummer i have to manual scan on sky hd so cannot record anthing to hdd to watch later even though not mutch is worth recording anyway

Thanks for contacting STV.

STV are working on plans regarding HD, however nothing can be confirmed at the moment.

STV can't even afford to screen Scottish teams playing in Champs league the same nights as ITV are showing English clubs in the same competition so how they gonna afford HD. It ain't gonna happen for years !!

Back