is this a cable tuner or not

bro

Inactive User
Reaction score
ATSC & QAM tuner receives over the air and unscrambled cable

Built-in ATSC & QAM tuner for reception of over-the-air and unscrambled HD cable programs

hope it is but hard shite if it aint lol

just seen this so i think it maybe,can anybody confirm who has a clue lol

a QAM tuner is a device present in some digital televisions and similar devices which enables direct reception of digital cable channels without the use of a set-top box.[1] QAM-based HD programming of local stations is sometimes available to analog cable subscribers, without paying the additional fees for a digital cable box. The availability of QAM HD programming is rarely described or publicized in cable company product literature. If cable providers provide rebroadcasts of locally aired programming, they must also carry rebroadcasts of high-definition digital locally aired programming, in an unencrypted form, that does not require the customer to use leased equipment, per FCC Sec. 76.630 and CFR Title 47, §76.901(a). These usually include the local affiliates for CBS, NBC, ABC, PBS, and FOX, and the cable providers comply by rebroadcasting them over QAM channels. The law does not require the cable provider to advertise their availability, and the cable customer service representatives are known to unequivocally (and incorrectly) insist to customers that a converter box is mandatory to view any HD channels.

QAM is the modulation system used on most cable networks, including the UK. VM tend to use QAM64 and QAM256 modes.

ATSC is a similar system used in the US (and others)

Just having the correct demodulator wont get you a picture though. You also have to have the ability to set the correct symbol rate (some QAM systems have non user settable symbol rates) and, if you want to watch encrypted channels, a method of decrypting the datastream.

Last edited:
can you try scanning with cable feed by entering netid, symbol rate etc.
if it picks up free chanels like bbc, itv1 etc and encrypted chanels (black screen) then you need to get yourself a cam to decrypt these chanels

will do if i can find it lol.....went on manual and could change mhz if that anything to go by,just got it today and was wondering but beer taking over now lol

will do if i can find it lol.....went on manual and could change mhz if that anything to go by,just got it today and was wondering but beer taking over now lol

I think you need to read the manual ;)

Somewhere there should be an option for you to set the QAM modulation type and the symbol rate. There may also be a default frequency setting.

i think you are right nozzer,will do when this beer wears off so i can see the fooker properly :drunk:

Back