is pro evo 2009 any good?. and the best price for it.

gsim

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i was gonna buy pro evo 2009 for my ps3 but some people are saying it's crap? its like £40. i thot i seen it for £20 or something in the bar section of this site? please can someone let me know if it crap and if i can get it for £20 as well please

thanks gsim

Go for Fifa 09 far better this time around. I was a PES fan before the 09's

Pes 09 is crap mate i use too prefer the Pes games but then fifa 08 came out and i aint looked back Fifa 09 is brill too

yeah pro evo is a waste of time
play fifa 09 it is really good

said it before, offline pes rips fifa to pieces. With a few mates, winner stays, there's no better game. Online pes is still laggy at times. Rent both and decide what you prefer.

i used to lite pro evo on the ps2. it was good then i hink. but i tryed fifa 09 on the ps3 . and i did not like it. i found the players did not move that well. and the firft touch was crap sometimes as well. i played the demo of pro evo 02 on the ps3 and i was not sure on it. ?

i'll prob rent it and try it for week or so. just dont wanna spend like £40 just to sell it. lol

thnks gsim

i think 09 is rubbish , i pre ordered mine
now it just sits there , ive tried fifa 09 aswell and didnt like that , so now i just stick to pes 08
download both demos m8 and give them ago
you might like 1 of them
bobo

Im the same as a few here , i preferred PES every year since i can remember. But as sson as FIFA 08 hit the PS3 i aint looked back, got both last year and played more on FIFA, but this year i haven't either bothered with PES, so go for FIFA mate.

Fifa 09 is a lot better than pes 09 price in tescos was £24 today

PES 09 is ok - better than 08 but no where near the game it should be.

I love Be A Legend - people think PES stole it from FIFA but thats rubbish.
Winning Eleven 2008 Club Championship (PES for Japan) had it first with Fantasista!!

Absolutely great.

I'm not sure about the FIFA / PES comparisson because I cant bring myself to play FIFA 09 just in case I prefer it to PES ;)

I havent played PES 2009 but Fifa 09 is an awesome game. Now im on worldclass, and set the speed to Slow playing Manager Mode as Liverpool. the game is fun, challenging and competitive. cheapest ive seen Fifa 09, is £24.99 in Tesco.

Having played both quite extensively and having played previous versions too...here is what I think:

I think Fifa 09 provides better value for money overall, but PES 09 STILL plays a better game of football, especially when you have friends over.

The value with Fifa comes from having official teams and licenses etc, plus better games modes, commentary and overall presentation. It plays well too and has certainly closed the gap considerably. The problem with Fifa 09 is that I think it is a little bit too slow and still feels a little bit scripted i.e. when taking shots. With PES09 you still can have so many different types of goals, the players really do make a difference e.g. Star players are star players.

I'm not going to slag Fifa 09 off (I have slated past Fifa's lol), it's a good game. Unfortunately PES hasn't improved as much as Fifa has, and in some areas is a bit scandalous (online in PES is terrible). However playing PES 09 with friends in the same room is as brilliant as it's always been.

Both good games, I prefer PES 09 (only just though!). I would say 25 pounds is a fair price for any good game.

Last edited:
you can download option files that give you all the kits and licenses.

Having played both quite extensively and having played previous versions too...here is what I think:

I think Fifa 09 provides better value for money overall, but PES 09 STILL plays a better game of football, especially when you have friends over.

The value with Fifa comes from having official teams and licenses etc, plus better games modes, commentary and overall presentation. It plays well too and has certainly closed the gap considerably. The problem with Fifa 09 is that I think it is a little bit too slow and still feels a little bit scripted i.e. when taking shots. With PES09 you still can have so many different types of goals, the players really do make a difference e.g. Star players are star players.

I'm not going to slag Fifa 09 off (I have slated past Fifa's lol), it's a good game. Unfortunately PES hasn't improved as much as Fifa has, and in some areas is a bit scandalous (online in PES is terrible). However playing PES 09 with friends in the same room is as brilliant as it's always been.

Both good games, I prefer PES 09 (only just though!). I would say 25 pounds is a fair price for any good game.

Fifa to slow? that's not the case at all with Fifa 09. in Fifa 08 it was certainly but in Fifa 09 there are 3 different speed settings so if you think the default one which is Normal is to slow you can change it to Fast.

ok ive been playing pro evo games since i was a kid, pro evo 2009 is a gd game to have its got fantastic graphics with pritty gd game play,

but there is a few downfalls to the game.

da 1rst downfall for me is the passing somtimes when im playing pro i try and pass it to 1 of my team mates and i pass it to another team mate who i didnt even think of passing to it can be anoying at times :(

the other downfal about the game is the goal keepers for some reason i get the apration that there not even goal keepers cause they can be rubbish at times.

the last downfall is the shooting somtimes the shooting can be wiled onfournently :(

ok a few gd points

the over all game play is gd and its a fun game to play it can be very comepedative at times which i like :)

the graphics are fantastic!

there is a new thing added to the game called become a legend, its somthing similar til be a pro in fifa as you only controll 1 player on the pitch and you make your way up to the higest level which is enjoyble you should check it out if your new to pro.

over all pro is a gd game and i would advise ppl to to buy it, although if your new to football games go for fifa cuz its an easier game to play and its also aan enjoyible game :)

hope i was helpful to ya dude!

ok ive been playing pro evo games since i was a kid, pro evo 2009 is a gd game to have its got fantastic graphics with pritty gd game play,

but there is a few downfalls to the game.

da 1rst downfall for me is the passing somtimes when im playing pro i try and pass it to 1 of my team mates and i pass it to another team mate who i didnt even think of passing to it can be anoying at times :(

the other downfal about the game is the goal keepers for some reason i get the apration that there not even goal keepers cause they can be rubbish at times.

the last downfall is the shooting somtimes the shooting can be wiled onfournently :(

ok a few gd points

the over all game play is gd and its a fun game to play it can be very comepedative at times which i like :)

the graphics are fantastic!

there is a new thing added to the game called become a legend, its somthing similar til be a pro in fifa as you only controll 1 player on the pitch and you make your way up to the higest level which is enjoyble you should check it out if your new to pro.

over all pro is a gd game and i would advise ppl to to buy it, although if your new to football games go for fifa cuz its an easier game to play and its also aan enjoyible game :)

hope i was helpful to ya dude!

Good advice but I'm quite sure if the OP had bought the game around the same time he posted this (December 08) he would have came across some of the pros & cons you have mentioned by now?

Compared to FIFA 09, PES 2009 is like comparing FIFA 09 and FIFA 06
Honestly
If you showed PES 2009 to someone on its release day, they'd think it was a PS2 game

Back