is OpenPLI safe on clone 800

jfish

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Thinking of whacking on the OpenPLI on a clone 800 SIM 2.01 Rev M Tuner BL 76D

Managed to get a copy of bootloader for above

Anyone used this image ? Any risk of bricking the DM800

Am I correct in first flashing image via web browser and then flashing the bootloader and then rebooting

HI There

Im running OpenPLI on a clone 800 SIM 2.01 Rev M Tuner BL 76 but Im running it as a second boot and it is fine a nice stable image.

I am running dream elite v.133dv3 phoenix in the flash and that runs like a dream and useing meoboot to run OpenPLI as a second image.

A lot of the images now have the bootloader built in you can normaly tell by the file name see here - sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010.rar

that is telling you the bootloader is built into the image 76c

Fermec

Not had any problems on it mate but as said above, make sure you get the correct bootloader and that.
I found open pli to be my preferred choice actually.

Not had any problems on it mate but as said above, make sure you get the correct bootloader and that.
I found open pli to be my preferred choice actually.

thanks.. did you just download the image from the PLI website and flashed it or did you have to flash the bootloader afterwards

Is this the correct file name for new SIM and BL SSL76D-20101219.nfi

Last edited:
If the newer OpenPLI images use the new Dream drivers then you cant use them unless the drivers and image have been patched. So do not use the original images from the OpenPLI site.

There is no new bootloader at the for clones which allows use of the new Dream drivers. The Official Dreambox 800HD recievers are now on SSL 82.
You can get RamiMaher and mfaraj patched openpli images for SIM 2.01 clones on the SIM 2.01 support forum, these will work with SIM 2.01 SSL 76D.

So either use patched images or wait for a new SSL version for clones which supports the new drivers.

This is latest from mfaraj57, i'm usein it atm and is stable

NEW-sim201 ssl76d-OpenPLi-2.0-beta-dm800-20110306

e43232454eb5d5f1med.jpg

-image-update 6-03-2011
drivers 2.6.18-7.4-dm800-20110302-r6.3
bootoloader sim201-76d-mfaraj57
image size 39.5 m.b
fastest boot
good download server

logo:
enigma2-logo-eagle_1.0_mipsel
plugins added:
Tunisiasat addons server 3.0
Livefootball 1.2

used for Only sim2.01-dreambox external or internal flash

installation:by internet explorer or dreamup
no need to install bl76d-already included

DOWNLOAD

I was looking at a.couple of mfaraj patched images icvs gemini 3 looks good, the open pli looks good as well, what's the epg like on pli ? it uses rytec I believe ? I think icvs gemini 3 uses cross epg. I'm still using dream elite phoenix edition stable works well good epg not sure whether it's worth changing to anything else. Might well try openpli and icvs gemini 3 mfaraj versions just to see if the new drivers make any difference.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

dream elite phoenix has a plugin called meoboot which allows you to install other images to the hard drive so you can dual boot, so if you wanted to you could install PLI and keep dream elite phoenix in flash.

Saves you over writing your image in flash

I was looking at a.couple of mfaraj patched images icvs gemini 3 looks good, the open pli looks good as well, what's the epg like on pli ? it uses rytec I believe ? I think icvs gemini 3 uses cross epg. I'm still using dream elite phoenix edition stable works well good epg not sure whether it's worth changing to anything else. Might well try openpli and icvs gemini 3 mfaraj versions just to see if the new drivers make any difference.

Outa those 2 images named best one is OpenPli hands down its much faster and with Tunisiasat addons server init it has everything needed and Rytec epg runs nicely...i would go as far as saying i ain't changing this image in a hurry it's that good.

Last edited:
I've got the Mfaraj patched OpenPli on my box now, working fine and seems stable so far. Havent tested PVR and timeshift yet. The colours and font size on the menus is easier to read than DreamElite Phoenix Editon.

It's also looking like picture quality seems to be a lot better on this PLI image than the DreamElite Phoenix Edition, maybe due to the newer drivers.

But DreamElite with the Beyonce Fantasy skin is a lot better looking asthetically than this Pli Image. Matrix10 always did make the best skins though..so to be expected...

Any idea how I get EPG working on this image?

Yeah from packet management download xml epg plugin and install it then select rytec uk as the source.

Yeah from packet management download xml epg plugin and install it then select rytec uk as the source.

OK thanks, have downloaded crossepg and did an uninstall which didn't unistall fully as it still appears as a plugin but makes the box green screen if you go anywhere near it.

Can't see anything called xml epg, only things I can see are xmltvimport and xmltvimport-rytec ?

Cant rmember which one I installed now, try xmltvimport-rytec. It's definitley the Rytec sources im using.
I will check and confirm on my reciever tonght.

Can't see anything called xml epg, only things I can see are xmltvimport and xmltvimport-rytec ?

crossepg is unstable on the clones, install the two xmltv files and then use the blue button to setup your export

crossepg is unstable on the clones, install the two xmltv files and then use the blue button to setup your export

Cheers DV :)

I've spent the day playing with all the various images and currently have Newnigma2 v3_2 installed. Also installed a hard drive for EPG data which is all working fine for this image.

Would the 76d openpli image posted in page 1 be ok to install over gemini on 76c?

Yes it will be fine loading the pli image on the first page providing your box is sim 2.01.Download it from the link provided.

Back