is it possible

ROGER VICTOR

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi all
i have a belkin router 2.4ghz 802.11g on my pc with a laptop and another pc allready working is it possible to add another laptop to my system

ROGER VICTOR said:
hi all
i have a belkin router 2.4ghz 802.11g on my pc with a laptop and another pc allready working is it possible to add another laptop to my system

Hiya Mate

You have by the looks of it a 4 port router with wireless so in answer to your question you can actually have up to 4 pc's on the router via hard wired cable and another 250 via wireless access total making 254 so for god's sake encrypt your wireless access.

I have posted a link below to show you how to make an antenna that hackers are using to find un-encrypted wireless networks.

Hope this helps

Big-AL
(Mines a Guiness and thats a Gallon)

h**p://flakey.info/antenna/waveguide/

The same as you have added the other 1 m8, either by hard wiring to the router from ur lappys rj45 slot or by purchasing a wireless card and connecting this way.

Regards

Wiz said:
The same as you have added the other 1 m8, either by hard wiring to the router from ur lappys rj45 slot or by purchasing a wireless card and connecting this way.

Regards
cheers i am wireless and i have the card for the other laptop but it was all set up by pc world i need help with the settings etc

Ok m8, you will need to know the ip addy's of the pc's currently on your network, you will find this by right clicking on my network places, in here you will see tcp/ip at the bottom of the list, highlight and select properties, on this tab will be the ip addy setup by pc world i presume. Make a note of this addy (ie 192.168.0.1), the other information will be the same ie the subnet mask - always 255.255.255.0.

Ok having obtained this info you need to make sure all your pc have their ip addy running in steps, eg: 192.168.0.1 for pc 1(the one connected to the router), then 192.168.0.2 and so on.

What are you sharing m8 ie internet/ broadband ?? or just files/printers....??

Wiz said:
Ok m8, you will need to know the ip addy's of the pc's currently on your network, you will find this by right clicking on my network places, in here you will see tcp/ip at the bottom of the list, highlight and select properties, on this tab will be the ip addy setup by pc world i presume. Make a note of this addy (ie 192.168.0.1), the other information will be the same ie the subnet mask - always 255.255.255.0.

Ok having obtained this info you need to make sure all your pc have their ip addy running in steps, eg: 192.168.0.1 for pc 1(the one connected to the router), then 192.168.0.2 and so on.

What are you sharing m8 ie internet/ broadband ?? or just files/printers....??
im sharing broadband and a printer

Ok so in gateway u need ip addy of router...which should b the first link in the chain..ie 192.168.0.1 then pc's follow. U also need to put this in preferred gateway to m8.

Regards

Back