Is it possible to use DreamBox in non Virgin/NTL areas?

cypher

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi, I was making enquiries into getting a DreamBox a while back but I was told you could only use them in areas that have Virgin/NTL, and my area doesnt, however, yesterday someone on another forum said it would work if I get the Sky version, is this true and if it is can someone explain how it works as I'm kinda confused about this!

Thanks

There are 3 differnet versions of the Dreambox 500. C for Cable, S for Satellite & T for terrestrial.

If you are looking to recieve Satellite (not Sky) channels then the Dreambox 500s is the box for you.

I would recommend you do a bit of searching around the forum as there is a lot of information to help new comers like yourself.

Crezy

Hi, I was making enquiries into getting a DreamBox a while back but I was told you could only use them in areas that have Virgin/NTL, and my area doesnt, however, yesterday someone on another forum said it would work if I get the Sky version, is this true and if it is can someone explain how it works as I'm kinda confused about this!

Thanks

The satellite (sky) version will only give you the FTA channels unless you use an official Sky card (you cannot hack Sky), there is however another option that involves sharing an official Sky card over the internet, but we can't discuss that here.

Here are your options.

Dreambox 500s + NO CARD = Only Free Channels.
Dreambox 500s + OFFICIAL SKY CARD = Channels you have subscribed to..
Dreambox 500s + NO CARD + Internet Card Share = Channels that the person sharing the card has subscribed to.

Back