iPod Ipod 4th gen Whit screen HELP

Emmvee

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been asked to fit a new screen into an Ipod touch 4th gen.. I have done this and have now got a white screen.. I have restored to the latest firm ware via itunes , but still just get a white screen after it boots up.. There is a blank screen throught the boot process
Any Ideas guys

great post shaun does explain the white screen , ive had it with a few iphone 3g due to not been connected correctly , Emmvee have you looked at the vid to see if you have that metal plate and the spring in the corner is touching correctly

I have and it seems to be but still getting a white screen. It won't close properly at the top. If I squeeze it shut it stays white put pops up when I let go

hmmm interesting....my kid dropped his ipod touch 3rd gen...now all it doe sis show a white screen....wonder if its whats in the vid.?...will have alook to see...if my kid can find his ipod..lol

Last edited:
fixed the ipod touch 3rd gen today...screen cost about a fiver...with all the tools which happened to be cheap plastic crap that broke....replaced screen and is now working fine...only trouble is there is a slight gap all the way around the edges of the ipod silver casing...when i used that plastic prying tool it took out all the black rubber seal along the sides...shame...

Johnny
Did you get just the LCD because on the 4th gen they are bonded to the digitiser

Johnny
Did you get just the LCD because on the 4th gen they are bonded to the digitiser
yes mate...only got the lcd screen..easily removed, wasnt bonded onto the digitiser....

Easy on then. The 3G / 3GS iPhone are like that. Dead simple.

Back