iPod ipod 1g help getting installous to load help please

Black_Gold

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi all I have managed to jailbreak this ipod 1g after a bit of messing about I couldnt get quickpwn to launch on my pc so I used spirit the ipod is on software 3.1.2 (7d11) it has cydia on it but when I try to install installous 5 it says depends ios firmare >=4.0 and wont install

well I got installous on but when i try to download a game the browser gets hijacked any ideas

hi mate install0us 5.0 wont install on a ipod 1g due to the fw you have on the 1g, have a look here it might help you
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
I managed to get an older version installed but on the page for downloading apps it gets hijacked and redirects me ?

is there any chance you can post a screen shot to what u are actually clicking on mate as i dont think your choosing the right link

I am after downloading apps/games for this ipod 1g I updated it to 3.1.2 then jailbreaked it I then tried to install installous but I could only find instillous5 and that would not install as it needed 4 or above firmware. I followed a guide on youtube to install an older installous not installous5 and it went straight on but now how do I get games from that I set the page to ipatrack.com but when I try to download a game from that it takes me to filesonic or something and tells me i dont have permission to download the file so where do I download from ?

cheers

installous should be set to apptrackr.org

then choose a game or app
ixtpmq.png

click the download button (note apps are hosted on file sharing sites such sendspace...filesonic etc)
i78itw.png

chose a site to download from then enter the security code and hit go
314f62g.png

then hit te download link, choose the correct link, the other download tabs are for ilivid etc and will take you to advertisments
1628o6q.jpg

most sites offer you a regular (free) download instead of a premium download and make you wait a certain amount of seconds before the download link is available
sometimes files are removed because of copyright laws
you may also have trouble finding newer games that will run on 3.1.2 firmware

Last edited:
314f62g.pngWell I can get to this page but when the keypad comes up to type the code in I'm lucky if it stays up for 1 second then the page is redirected to all kinds of shite like dating adds and stuff cant give that to the kids

The host sites for the apps make money from advertising, so they try to redirect you to one of their ads when you try to download an app. You'll notice that there are a number of button options to start the download but only one option will work, the others will redirect you to an ad, it can be a pain in the arse but the payoff is you're getting it for free. Once you figure out the sequence and correct buttons for the various host sites downloads will be far easier.

Back