iPhone iphone 3g internet costs

yogie

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi,

Ive recently purchased an 8gb iphone on a 02 £35 a month contract. I know it says unlimited web browsing but does that apply even in none wi-fi zones. Im just wondering if I connect to internet when WI-FI is not available will it cost extra. I have set up email on my phone and whenever I get an email it lets me know as its constantly connected. Dont want to get stung with a big bill come the end of the month.

cheers

if you have unlimited browsing from o2 it shouldnt cost, if in doubt i would give them a call :)

Yes mate - unlimited web browsing apply even when you're in none wi-fi zones!! Enjoy!!

Make sure u don't connect thru EDGE...my son ran a £80 phone billl.. he thought he was connecting thru our wifi ...but unknown to us ( as we set nothing up for Egde ) he was going thru the edge connection and getting charged.....mbe give em a call to see ? its def worth adding on the unlimited internet package.....well in my sons case it would of saved him a lot !!!

Make sure u don't connect thru EDGE...my son ran a £80 phone billl.. he thought he was connecting thru our wifi ...but unknown to us ( as we set nothing up for Egde ) he was going thru the edge connection and getting charged.....mbe give em a call to see ? its def worth adding on the unlimited internet package.....well in my sons case it would of saved him a lot !!!

I'm pretty sure with what I read today, browsing costs nowt via edge or 3g but could be wrong :)

Unlimited Data & Wi-Fi are included in the monthly bill
This is subject to fair usage

This also does not include data and wifi when abroad (buy a bundle when travelling, or you may get a shocker of a bill)

hi,

Im about to install edge settings on my iphone but want to make sure I wont be charged extra from 02 for using edge settings. Im on the £35 a month unlimited browsing tarif. Ive read somewhere that you may be charged for using edge.

cheers

im fairly sure you only get a measly 200mb of download a month though which isnt too bad for a phone but still, watch out for that one or they'll charge if u go over. shame the iphone isnt on vodaphone because they offer 500mb

personally i have the n95 8gb and use the internet everyday on that tarrif and have yet to go over but like i say, just make sure ur not using ur phone as a pc modem for downloads, assuming you can do that with ur iphone?

its unlimited via any connection 2g or 3g or wifi.
only charged for calls and texts over your allowance.

I think there is some confusion over Pre-pay and pay monthly.

On ALL pay monthly tariffs, if you took it out though O2 and got your iphone hroughO2 it is unlimited (subject to fair usage) but given some of the apps available on itunes etc I think they would have a hard time limiting you to some small amount as "fair

pre-pay I have no idea, nor do I know if you simply have an O2 contract and bought a 2nd hand iphone.

There should be no need to set up EDGE if you got it from O2 and you're on O2, just stick your sim in, plug it into itunes to activate and away you go.

Everything on mine worked out of the box, only thing I rang O2 for was to extended the amount of time before it goes to answer machine, which as standard is apparently 15 seconds

Back