iPad password locked

morilihochili

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought an iPad mini on iOS 7.1 with the password locked and no chance of finding the password. If I put it into recovery could I wipe and start again?

What does ok, thanks mean? Yes it will work or ....? Please be more explicit, thanks.

did the device have the find my phone feture enabled then if you wipe via itunes this will kick in
thats fine if you have the itunes account details to unlock
if not and this kicks in then its for parts only

If you can't get back in cos it's locked then maybe worth taking into Apple shop with proof of purchase and see if they can help?

If it's the 'Actvation Lock' tied to an iTunes account - parts only - even Apple can't/won't help. Go to Settings > iCloud and see if u can turn iCloud off - if it asks for the iTunes password you know it's locked. No way out of it

There loads well cheap on eBay - that's why!

Thanks all, as ManofScience said, there is no way to get in and change or reset. So be warned cheap is not necessarily a good thing ever!

ahh bad luck :(

Happening to were i work more and more at the moment. We have getting close to 500 corporate iPads where i work, people leave and hand them back Activation locked, they want to re-issue them - we can't unless the person who's left releases it from their iCloud account. More often than not, we can't contact them, they don't want to, can't be arsed, etc.

spares for us!

Back